• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Calling all the people that have test ridden a boost!! FUEL...

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Straight from a local BC Polaris dealer who I have a good relationship with - he rode the exact sled turcotte rode in his video, only a few days later.

That specific unit still had the old primary clutch on it, not the new one. I have only heard this from him and over the phone, I DO NOT have think they want this to be known because no other bc dealer or rider that rode this sled has mentioned it.

I agree with others that they’re rushing these boost sleds out to compete with the existing factory turbos, sure it’s been in R&D for multiple years but I don’t think these sleds / power plants have much for true mountain testing on them - just my opinion.

All That said I have one snowchecked and can’t wait to get on it, but honestly I am expecting some headaches too but I’m willing to accept that for the beast it looks like it will be when it’s working properly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chrisco rode that sled.
It had the new clutch on it, unless turcotte had two identical sleds.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
@06redrev axys and matryx chassis is the difference in the way the farmers daughter dickers over the price of tea in China as the farmers other daughter doesn't care because she's BNG... lol thats more or less the difference between the chassis.

I'm excited. I ordered one. Been working like a (rest of sentence edited for your safety). Probably won't have to rob a bank to pay for it but then again, money is reletave to which reality you prescribed.

Your in the matryx... maaaaaaan
70e9c32e7a794e6fca069b5fa70ef768.jpg

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

R
Oct 25, 2020
SO, what your hearing isn't the rev limiter, its the wastegate cycling to control boost/power levels so the sled sort of flutters. It doesnt hurt how they run at all. The engineering staff on site when we were riding did mention they were working on the correction tables to smooth it out as it does sound a bit funky. All the test sleds we rode did it in one capcity or another for a moment when you would fully stuff the track and load it down then it smoothed out and was dead steady climbing. Also, all the sled we were riding pulled 83-8400 pretty consistently across the board. I've rode a LOT of different turbo mod sleds from all the major supliers and can assure guys this sled is already leagues ahead of that.

This fluttering sound is especially noticeable since the exhaust has a 'divorced downpipe' within the can the lack of mixing makes the 2 seperate exhaust notes very obvious when the one is cycling vs all meshing through one exhaust path.

Oh yeah, and if guys are worried maybe the boost isn't going to be as good as everyone says, im sure about 100 people would be glad to take over your snowcheck for you! lol
How did the power compare to a Silber or boondocker? Running at ~7lbs boost high altitude.

B
Nov 1, 2015
How did the power compare to a Silber or boondocker? Running at ~7lbs boost high altitude.
I rode a boost pro 165 and immediately got on a axys 800 silber on 7 lbs. at ~7500 feet and I’d say the silber pulled harder on top. The power delivery on the patriot boost didn’t compare the patriot boost was so smooth. But the boost might have only been at 5 lbs at that elevation who knows?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I also got to ride the RMK boosts, as well as Khaos boosts and the next day I rode a Turbo Doo and SIlber 850 Khaos on 5psi.

The patriot boost def has a little more legs then the doo on top as advertised, also the lighter sled just makes it quicker to accelerate. Top end to top end on the silber 850 setup I'd say they were VERY well matched power wise, BUT the patriot boost powerband is more "meaty" . I think it will allow guys to go more places with the Same HP as the sled will be able to jump on the snow better and get moving more efficiently.

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Maybe I missed it, was wondering what the engagement was on the boost model.

Premium Features