• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bypassing TPS and Temp on a Gen2

P
May 21, 2009
Anyways, the previous owner simply unplugged the TPS and the Temp on this sled. Whats the pros and cons of this? I've never heard this motor run yet so I don't know what TPS is all about. Will the Reg/Prem key settings still work? Also the temp sensor was pulled and a aftermarket temp gauge was added. So with no Temp or TPS inputs what kind of troubles can I expect.

M
Sep 19, 2008
Green River Wyoming
what sled is this more info becouse their was no tps on a gen II chasis and I beleive it was 2002 800 when they came out with temp sensor which retarted the timeing when it started to over heat but I may be wrong

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
TPS unplugged will default the timing to it's full advanced curve.

Water sensor unplugged will put it in limp mode... you can buy a little bypass resistor from SLP to bypass that.

sled_guy

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
what sled is this more info becouse their was no tps on a gen II chasis and I beleive it was 2002 800 when they came out with temp sensor which retarted the timeing when it started to over heat but I may be wrong

nope it came out on the 2000 800 rmk. you may have a reprogrammed ecm, if it will go, if it is not reprogrammed it will fall on its face when you try to ride it, more info would be good

P
May 21, 2009
Hey guys, I got the lowdown from a couple guys on the Performance/Modified board. Thanks though, I just tested the TPS and it seems within spec. I'm gonna get it running and see what it does.

Premium Features