• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BYPASS THERMOSTAT UPGRADE (PREVIOUSLY $28 upgrade)

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
K
Nov 24, 2016
I tried getting the two hoses (8205 and 7378) at NAPA here in St. Albert, Alberta and the numbers no longer comes up. Anyone know or have a different NAPA number that can be cross referenced?

K
Nov 24, 2016
Well I went to my local Bumper to Bumper and he was able to cross reference the Napa number for a Gates product, I should have later this week and will post the the product #.

R
Apr 1, 2018
Just ordered up all the parts to perform this upgrade. I'm already running an Indyspecialties Ride cool head that has a larger axys thermostat that helps with cooling a ton. but really what entices me is the bypass. it should allow the engine to heat up to operating temp quicker and reduce the chance of a cold sieze if i'm not mistaken.

R
Apr 1, 2018
Got it installed today. The power clamps are kind of scary to me I hope they hold. Looked up instructions for them and instructions state to hold a 1000w heat gun on high for 60 seconds or less. About 45 seconds in the housing itself started to deform on the narrow nozzle/smaller clamp joint. I quickly stopped and allowed it to cool and the housing in this area cameback to solid. I would deff not attempt on high setting on a heat gun. I really hope I didn't render the housing unusable... holding water will start up soon and see. Very nervous about the plastic housing now. Will for sure tape it with heat tape.

R
Apr 1, 2018
Those power clamps are crazy.
I have ran this on two Pros and never have had a leak!!
I wouldn’t sweat it..

Good to note! I took the sled out yesterday. Wow in deep snow I'm seeing 98-100F and holding steady at those temps. Rarely is it moving above 100-102F. Was about 25 deg and 1' of fresh.

Premium Features