• I am getting worn out moving your "For sale" threads, including loosely veiled sales pitches for "How much is it worth) or Wanted to buy to the swapmeet.

I will no longer be moving them for you as I have been in the past.

Some days are 20 per day.

If I see it, it will get deleted.

I try to help you...please try to help me.

Thanks.
  • I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

BYPASS THERMOSTAT UPGRADE (PREVIOUSLY $28 upgrade)

RMK900Tractor

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2008
Eau Claire, WI
i just done this to my friends 2013 swtbck .

I plumbed in the BRP T mixing valve just like the picture and write up .

Due to limited access to fittings , I left the front cooler intact and plumbed in as is .

The system works very good , just as advertised in the opening statements of this thread .

breaking trail below 20 mph temps at 105

loose packed trail below 30 mph temps at 118

loose packed trail above 30 mph temps at 107

ambiant temps above or just at freezing ,heavy wet clammy snow

Took a brp renegade out on back to back run and it ran 25 degrees higher than the polaris , temps are extrolated due to the BRP use of bars vice numerical value

very good mod highly recommended

I also used pre mix besides the engine oil pump
I also just did my 2014 Pro RMK 800 and consistent with your temperature numbers. Overall decrease of 10 - 12 degrees consistently. I also noticed the cooling flow through the reservoir is much more turbulent and the system seemed to purge out any trapped air quickly.

The one thing I did differently, was not able to get the washer for the stock thermostat delete so I just gutted my stock thermostat and used that to retain the stock seal.

From an e-tec, stops the heat soak. Holds 109-111F
Sorry, I can't get the picture to flip.

I dont know why I am having such a difficult time with this.... I have a 13' Switchback Assault 800 with the front cooler. Can i just leave the front cooler system alone and plumb this like this..? I just want to achieve cooler running temps all around. Are there benefits to running this differently if so could someone please let me know. I am totally confused with the whole warm up thing, sorry for askin but I am just kinda frustrated now..lol...

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
if you leave the front cooler plumbed in as is then you are running two system in parallel one that uses the BRP t-stat and the other one runs continuously , it will IMO but it will take longer to warm up and your not getting the total benefit of the BRP T-stat . You have to remove and use a restricting washer or gut your polaris t-stat .did you see the drawings Iron horse posted on page one .TRS is the source on this mod try to PM him

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
I dont know why I am having such a difficult time with this.... I have a 13' Switchback Assault 800 with the front cooler. Can i just leave the front cooler system alone and plumb this like this..? I just want to achieve cooler running temps all around. Are there benefits to running this differently if so could someone please let me know. I am totally confused with the whole warm up thing, sorry for askin but I am just kinda frustrated now..lol...
I've got a front cooler on my Pro-RMK and don't believe I did a whole lot different. The front cooler on these really doesn't do much and believe it acts like two different circuits even with Polaris's thermostat. I rarely see above 120 even on wind blown icy areas.

Ideally, you would run the front cooler in series with the rears but Polaris didn't run it that way. And used smaller hose fittings to make it much harder than just swapping hoses around. I've decided to hold onto my Pro-Ride one more year (picked up a 18 AXYS for a trail), I've got a itch to redo somethings on the tunnel. If I decide to I'm going to mod the front cooler so I can run it in a series. Something that has been mentioned by others smarter than I on these Forums. Sorry haven't been around enough lately to provide credit, haha (forget names).

I've installed these on multiple different Polaris's from race sleds, to trail sleds. Usually you can just sit back and think it through. Some you have to plug other outlets (Poo race 800 convesions, one for example). Again usually I was pointed a good direction by someone else, haha. So can't say I figured it all out.

Mar 13, 2019
I did this over the summer on my 2012 Switchback Pro R with the front heat exchanger. I have no idea if I did it correctly but I can get you a few pictures in the next couple of days if you think it will help.

polaris bob

Premium Member
Aug 16, 2002
Michigan
TTT

Did anyone ever come up with a kit they're selling that allow the person to buy everything needed from one location, from one person??

Mar 13, 2019
Got out today and my temps are quite warm as compared to others. In that 135-145 range. Air is out of the system and coolant is not foaming. I gutted my OEM t-stat. It is warm today (hovering around freezing) but snow condition are good.

I'm wondering if my temp sensor is bad. I saw 100 degree temps before I had a chance to get geared up... I didn't really think much about it but when I started the sled it showed 88 which would be quite high for the ambient temps??

Any thoughts?

does anyone have the procedure for checking the sensor?

Premium Features