• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Buying a used Camso

L
Nov 18, 2014
CDA, ID
I’m looking to buy a new (used) kit this year and strongly considering a Camso after selling my 15 TS LT. My goal is to keep the budget low, which includes 2017 Camso units.

I’m aware that there were some issues for that year, and there are updates available. What should I look for? What items NEED to be addressed? How do I get the updated parts? Or should I just go ‘18+?

Thanks guys!

M
Jan 14, 2004
I would look for a 19+ even the 18's have some issues. The brakes basically are non existent the suspension is harsh without the rising rate cam, the rear axle tensioner bends, there is a updated ski for 19 and the main thing is the side panels need the re-enforcement plates so the sides don't crack. If you find a 19 it will still have a year of warranty.

T
Nov 1, 2011
Kingston, Idaho
Hughes,

What is your budget? Even with my '19 kit being a snow check, it was $4200 out the door. I've seen some leftovers here in north Idaho for less than that. I think you could get a '19 (which is the best version to date) for less than a used kit of another brand.

L
Nov 18, 2014
CDA, ID
I would look for a 19+ even the 18's have some issues. The brakes basically are non existent the suspension is harsh without the rising rate cam, the rear axle tensioner bends, there is a updated ski for 19 and the main thing is the side panels need the re-enforcement plates so the sides don't crack. If you find a 19 it will still have a year of warranty.

M5, thanks for the insight. Do you know if a guy could update an older kit with new axle tensioners, side panel re-enforcements, and any other necessary updates? Cost??

Hughes,

What is your budget? Even with my '19 kit being a snow check, it was $4200 out the door. I've seen some leftovers here in north Idaho for less than that. I think you could get a '19 (which is the best version to date) for less than a used kit of another brand.

I'm hoping to find something under $3k. With that, looking for a 16+ Timbersled or try a Camso. TS seems to be a solid platform (always served me well), and Camso seems to be great for the price, but I've never been out with one.

M
Jan 14, 2004
I've owned both at the same time. The TS is what it is, you know what you are getting. I think the Camso far out performs the older TS in the deep but in all honesty the TS has better suspension which isn't saying much because its still $hit. The TS sidehills better but doesn't perform as well in the deep which is all I care about. I don't care about the trail or drops or... I'm a powder guy. You need to answer what type of riding you like to do. The Camso is a tank but you don't really notice it riding. As for updates, I looked at updating my 18 kit but just ended up selling it in the end and buying a 19, I have a new 2020 on order right now.

Premium Features