• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Buying a track

Austin5900

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 12, 2021
Minot nd
Looking to buy a track someone has for a 2021 ski doo 850 turbo 165” with 3” lugs and 3.5” pitch

Last edited:

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Anything but the skidoo 3” track will be a disappointment. Tried a different track to replace the stock 3” track when it delaminated and was severely disappointed.
yes a different track can be better in certain situations forsure, however for overall in all conditions and strength the stock track wins, of course guys will suggest otherwise but they dont track test it which would be testing all season with same sleds same conditions each day and riding back and forth, most people would rather ride and have fun.

heliwrench

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2015
I replaced my failed 3" track with a 165x15x2.67 composit track. It works ok but the stock one definitely performs a bit better. Its not night and day but you can tell, especially when the snow is deep. There is a 3" version of the composit track out there now, not sure how that one compares. I would expect it to be better than the 2.67. Durability on the composit track is great, can run fast on the trail up to the mountain with no issues. I have about 2000km on mine now with no signs of wear. Stock one was done at 1500. I have one paddle missing but it was sliced off on something sharp (my fault), not ripped off of the belting like the stocker.

Premium Features