• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Buying 2021 CTEC2 8000 - Watchouts?

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Have you tried a glide washer Sage? I found on my '17 team engagement and shift rate exact same using just one. Once you relieve the spring end from digging into the aluminum you are helping the clutch shift faster so the tiny bit extra you are squeezing it is negated. the clutch and spring just last longer.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
My Team roller primary seemed to eat a Dalton spring every 250 miles. Lots of digging/binding indicated in the cover without a washer. Added two of the Thunder products washers and went to a speedwerx spring. Seems to be better so far. The coated steel Thunder washers are pretty thin.

R

RiotCountry

Jul 11, 2010
Minneapolis
My Team roller primary seemed to eat a Dalton spring every 250 miles. Lots of digging/binding indicated in the cover without a washer. Added two of the Thunder products washers and went to a speedwerx spring. Seems to be better so far. The coated steel Thunder washers are pretty thin.
Do you by chance have a link to the washer? I am not as familiar with the team clutch, but do I need a special tool to swap springs or can I just unscrew the cover like the AC clutches and pop the new spring in?

R

RiotCountry

Jul 11, 2010
Minneapolis
Yes don't add oil to your tank- and don't use a glide washer on the under side of your primary cap.. you changing the spring rate by doing so ( shorter) believe me it does.

I fully clip all the alpha's that come thru my shop, easy to do you will need 23 clips and I use this tool..

https://www.atwindustries.com/product/snowmobile-track-clip-tool-for-up-to-3-1-lug-paddle/

View attachment 379141
I just picked up a 2021 Riot X. Haven't looked into this much, is that the only tool for the job? Also, I assume cat clips are the only option?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Do you by chance have a link to the washer? I am not as familiar with the team clutch, but do I need a special tool to swap springs or can I just unscrew the cover like the AC clutches and pop the new spring in?
No special tools to swap springs. Just pull the cover like past clutches. Just be careful putting the cover back on... they are machined to very tight tolerances on the cover to tower connection (some say the cover groove diameter is actually a touch too small). So make sure it is seated all the way down before tightening the bolts up all the way.

Thunder washers: https://thunderproductsclutching.com/product/clutch-spring-glide-washer-kit/

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I just picked up a 2021 Riot X. Haven't looked into this much, is that the only tool for the job? Also, I assume cat clips are the only option?
You can order flat clips that have the grip range, but we prefer to have the OEM to guide the track.
As far as the primary spring replacement, Just be cautious when re-installing that you put the cover back on the same place it came off .. (Generally paint markings ) but we put a X on the spider and the cover for orientation ( balancing) .. Polaris has the X's embossed in these areas.
When re-installing the cover be mindful of the bushing, ensure it goes on smoothly and evenly and not binding on the shaft- so you don't scar the bushing, and end up with premature wear on it.

If your referring to the track clip tool- you need one deep enough to encompass the lug height, The tool I gave a link on is the only tool I now use, as others have bent and don't crimp 100% of the track.
Don't scrimp on quality, as you don't want to be shooting clips out of your track... it gets ugly!!

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Oil volume replaces fuel volume and can increase the A/F ratio if enough is put in. I was told by those that know with the speedwerx supercharger setups it takes more than 2oz/gallon to see a difference in A/F ratio in that configuration with auxilary injectors where that oil is making it all the way through the engine. Might be different with stock fueling and injectors. Stock most of the oil that's dumped in the fuel tank will just be burned with little of it actually lubricating the engine parts.

B
Jan 20, 2022
Spokane, WA
2019 M8000, 1100 miles...engine let go...specifically the clutch side piston/cylinder are smoked...they look oil starved to me......anyone have any cause for why this might happen or things to look at before it gets put back together? Any info and help is appreciated

Premium Features