• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Build your own Expert!

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
OK, so we don't exactly have a true "expert" replacement kit but we do have rails to do your own DIY expert package.

We wanted to shed a little light into G4 based suspensions for those interested in these types of builds. We've had a bunch of calls about this since the 2020's got released and wanted to share more as start thinking about this seasons builds!

While the factory built "expert" model has numerous differences between it and its standard counterparts the most noticeable feature is the long track and short tunnel. This is achieved by running 1 size longer track under the shorter model tunnels. 154 under 146s chassis. etc. So taking your existing model and stretching will result in a very similar affect.

The 146, 154 and 165 all share the same base suspension and you can switch between them only by changing rails. We also offer our '174' rail which stretches this skid out to run a 174/175 track. So to build an 'expert' off any of these all you need is longer rails and track. The freeride also utilizes the same suspension and rails. Our rails are also pre-drilled to accept the factory freeride braces. We stock a large variation of color and rail styles for builds and if we don't have it, we can cut if for you!

The factory 175 has the spread torque arms and since there is no longer track available there is no real "expert" option to be built off it without changing or cutting up tunnels.

If you have any questions about this or have ideas on builds give us a call at 406-763-0365 or email us at Iceagesales@gmail.com and we can get you setup!

Shop our Gen 4 rails today!

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
I plan on doing this with a set of bomber rails for my 154 this year. Just need to decide what track i am going to go with. 162? 163? or a 165.

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
I plan on doing this with a set of bomber rails for my 154 this year. Just need to decide what track i am going to go with. 162? 163? or a 165.
The stock 165 tracks on the DOO is a very hard setup to beat. It has proven itself very capable in all conditions. It also as far as we are aware is the only full 16" paddle width track available giving you the most paddle in the snow for the given track length.

If you descide on a 162/163 just let us know and we can get you a rail package configured for those as well!

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
We've been answering a ton of questions over the phone on this and have set a bunch of people up with rails already.

We've also helped a number of guys with 146 renegades take them out to 154 making their crossover sled into a serious mountain contender!

Got ideas or have a build your dreaming on? Give us a ring and we can set you up!

Last edited:
T
May 16, 2019
We've been answering a ton of questions over the phone on this and have set a bunch of people up with rails already.

We've also helped a number of guys with 146 renegades take them out to 154 making their crossover sled into a serious mountain contender!

Got ideas or have a build your dreaming on? Give us a ring and we can set you up!

Just ordered a set of 154” rails to stretch my BCX!! I’m stoked to get started on this and see the results :face-icon-small-ton

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
Taking the 165 to a 175 is an awesome combo for those looking for the most float available and massive climbing power. Coupled with the high end KYB freeride shocks makes for a very good riding and capable combination.

Premium Features