• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BTW... There is now a ECU reflash available for the 850 :-)

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Had my sled reflashed yesterday. No cost. Have not ridden yet.

Have had 2 occasions where it would not start, once at around 200 miles other time at 530, other wise it has always started by the 2nd pull.

Used this method to start sled the on the second no start. Seemed to work well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1fJhITf4Wrg&t=209s

N
Apr 9, 2010
Soldotna, AK
Had mine done the other week. Ran awesome in 1-3 feet of soft stuff. Seems a lot better, no longer leaving huge oil stains in the snow from exhaust. If your dealer charges you for this you need a new dealer.

L
Sep 12, 2018
RPM?

I just left my 850 in for the reflash. Im just wondering about everyone talking about 8250/8300 rpm, mine sits at 8350/8400. Should i mess around with the clutching or is it fine? It seems to run just fine for me.

900polman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ft Bridger WY
reflash

Had mine re flashed, runs 8300, no bog, no more hard start, 100 miles since it was flashed. Smiles all day. Before reflash It had all the bad habits. The only problem I had was throttle hang but found it was snow packed in the flipper from it being so deep.

Last edited:

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
Had my sled reflashed yesterday. No cost. Have not ridden yet.

Have had 2 occasions where it would not start, once at around 200 miles other time at 530, other wise it has always started by the 2nd pull.

Used this method to start sled the on the second no start. Seemed to work well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1fJhITf4Wrg&t=209s

If this doesn't work put your right index finger in your left ear while reaching over the top of your head; so not around the front or back of your head or it won't work; then reach behind your back with your left hand and pull sled over whilst standing on your left foot.

I watched the video - who the f* wants to mess around doing that on a new sled, or any sled?! And what if your pins are bent, then what?

Are you supposed to be doing this in the back 40?!

What a joke - and I'm a Polaris guy.

MDEVO

Chic Chocs Addicts
Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2011
Oshawa, ON,Canada
If this doesn't work put your right index finger in your left ear while reaching over the top of your head; so not around the front or back of your head or it won't work; then reach behind your back with your left hand and pull sled over whilst standing on your left foot.

I watched the video - who the f* wants to mess around doing that on a new sled, or any sled?! And what if your pins are bent, then what?

Are you supposed to be doing this in the back 40?!

What a joke - and I'm a Polaris guy.

100% agree......What a joke!
I would take that sled back to dealers house and leave on his front porch.....

TallCan

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2016
Sierra Nevadas
So I took my 850 in to dealership because Pipe Heat Shield Separated along the whole seam. They said pipe was cracked which will be covered under warranty. While I had them on the phone I asked about new Reflash...they told me after they install new parts they plug it in for testing and there computer will automatically update sled ECU. Does this sound right?

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
So I took my 850 in to dealership because Pipe Heat Shield Separated along the whole seam. They said pipe was cracked which will be covered under warranty. While I had them on the phone I asked about new Reflash...they told me after they install new parts they plug it in for testing and there computer will automatically update sled ECU. Does this sound right?

Nope, they have to effectively initiate the reflash through DW. It doesn’t do it automatically.

R
Apr 14, 2015
wisconsin
Could someone recommend me a good dealer in the Wisconsin/Minnesota area to get this done. I called my dealer and it caused mass confusion. They basically told me if the sled starts I have no reason I would want a reflash.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Could someone recommend me a good dealer in the Wisconsin/Minnesota area to get this done. I called my dealer and it caused mass confusion. They basically told me if the sled starts I have no reason I would want a reflash.

That's not the right conversation that should have been had.

Premium Features