• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BRP Wins lawsuit over Arctic Cat-Anyone read this yet?

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Intellectual property is key to success for many companies including the powersports industry.

Lawsuits like this protect all that R&D money. I’m sure if the roles were reversed Cat would have sued Doo and won.

A lot of these types of lawsuits are resolved when the violator licenses the tech from the patent holder.

R
Supposidly, it only affects sled sales here in Canada...which to me makes no sense...one would think that if their is an infraction, it would affect all sled builds/sales with that structure under the hood.???!!!!

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
This lawsuit was already filed and dismissed here in the US. That is why they are allowed to sell sleds in the US. Not surprising in Canada they sided with Ski Doo...

The article has no mention of Usa court. It mentions Federal Canadian court

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
So we are to believe our Proclimb and Ascender chassis sleds are based on the Skidoo REV chassis. Hum......maybe?
It's really too bad because the last thing Cat needs right now after being purchased by Textron and dealing with the Corona virus shutdowns is a lawsuit that forces them to pay millions to a competitor.

M8onEdge

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2011
Rigby, Idaho
If the geometry of the chassis is the same you sure wouldn't know it by riding them. I don't think two sleds could handle much differently. Perhaps it will help motivate a new, lighter chassis which is definitely overdue. 2012-2021 is a long time.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I'm excited for what may be coming down the pipe in 2022 as I'll be looking to snow check next spring. Maybe this will push some sort of haydays/mid-season release. I'd rather a few folks get the new stuff on the snow to iron out any issues before me. Another issue is I bet the Blast models are under this umbrella since they have the same bulkhead and over structure. Cat wasn't planning on updating those any time soon.

Premium Features