• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BRP ends productions of Evinrude outboard engines

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Cool story from ex Evinrude dealer 20 years ago.
Evinrude was having issues with their power heads. Evinrude told the dealer to change customers power heads if they came in for service. The kicker......Evinrude told the dealer to tell the customer they changed spark plugs for free. Don’t mention the new power head. Shaaaaaadeeeee!

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
What ever they are up to it will be moving the technology forward . Those engines are hands down the most advanced compared to what the other manufactures are producing in the snowmobile industry . In the past all this came from the marine applications so have at it you lucky b - - - - - - - - :)

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
Evinrude and Johnson and mercury were the two-stroke kings of the 70s and 80s. Kind of sad to see them go. Actually had on my 16 foot checkmate in Tampa Florida in the early 80s. It was the classic Evinrude 140 hp. Actually got stolen and had to replace it through insurance. Great motors!

BirdmanID

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2019
Idaho falls
I wonder how the 2 stroke supercharged verado technology would transfer to sleds?

What ever they are up to it will be moving the technology forward . Those engines are hands down the most advanced compared to what the other manufactures are producing in the snowmobile industry . In the past all this came from the marine applications so have at it you lucky b - - - - - - - - :)

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Evinrude and Johnson and mercury were the two-stroke kings of the 70s and 80s. Kind of sad to see them go. Actually had on my 16 foot checkmate in Tampa Florida in the early 80s. It was the classic Evinrude 140 hp. Actually got stolen and had to replace it through insurance. Great motors!

Did you have the mullet? If so, post a pic!

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
No, because electric will replace the 2 stroke, not the 4 stroke.
I cannot see the 2 stroke snowmobile engine going away in the next 25 years.
We will most certainly see electric options, but the 2 stroke is here to stay for the foreseeable future.

Premium Features