• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BRC5TPI RELEASE DATE?

N
Mar 21, 2016
NW oregon
Does anyone have seat time on BRC500 for snow use? Can comment on durability of the setup? And fuel use compared to 300? Seems the stock tpi 300s are already using double the fuel as the 450’s do and make less hp unfortunately. I can imagine that if you’re not flogging it in deep snow that the 500 might not use much more fuel, and in some conditions possibly even less? Just thinking pinned screaming 300 vs leisurely 500 at 75% throttle. I saw that they are nearly there with the TPI version of kit so that’s looking very interesting to me for snow use. Does anyone know when those versions will be ready to rock? And how will the starter do on them? I feel like my new 300 starter spins quite freely even in the cold so that was a welcome surprise. I’d have thought that there would be more reports on them here by now. Seems like the right solution for snow use. Maybe it’s that they were only carb previously and I can understand why carbs are not ideal on snow. I don’t like the idea of flooding and fouling deep in the white wilderness either.

T
Jan 26, 2019
Pemberton BC
Can't speak for the BRC 500 but I will say on my kx500 I use about max of 10% more fuel than my buddies on 300's. One 300 is fi the other lectron, and if there is any difference in the fuel they use it's negligible.

E
Dec 19, 2007
If your tpi is using twice the fuel as a4 stroke then something is wrong. Possibly running in enrichment because coolant isn't getting hot enough? My carbed 2 strokes barely use more than a 4 including my 380 which is making more power than a 4. Sorry I can't answer the BRC question. I hope it comes soon.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Sometimes the confusion on the tpi bikes is the shrank the gas tank by point 0.2 gallons. At least on the Husky. On both the 150 and 300 we had that were TPI both got worse gas mileage than a carb. 300 with wheels 50 miles max and the 150 40 to 45... with a heavy throttle kid.. I would hope Brc is able to tune better without the epa. I would think you going to get close to the same gas milage as a 300 most of the time because it will not be as pinned all the time.. but even our yz250 in the snow uses 30 percent more gas than a 450 fuel injected

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using Tapatalk

N
Mar 21, 2016
NW oregon
It’s possible I was using more than I could have been last time because of a problem with my kit that saw me using a lot more throttle than I would have possibly. It’s not running too cold though, good temp all day.

Premium Features