• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BRC CVT-T

mumur

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2019
Bozeman, Montana
Anyone have any more information about this snow bike specific CVT that BRC is coming out with? Came across it during my seasonal search for purpose built snowbike stuff.

C
Apr 22, 2019
Looks like a neat concept...we will see if it works. I am a little worried that the fuel is on the front of the engine in this application...and carbureted at this time.

mumur

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2019
Bozeman, Montana
Looks like a neat concept...we will see if it works. I am a little worried that the fuel is on the front of the engine in this application...and carbureted at this time.
Yeah, carbed would be the hardest sell for me right now. Honestly surprised, for something purpose built for snowbiking, they aren't going with TPI (though I guess SmartCarb is pretty close).

Last edited:
B
Jan 23, 2022
Ontario
Anyone have any more information about this snow bike specific CVT that BRC is coming out with? Came across it during my seasonal search for purpose built snowbike stuff.

I have not heard of it but if they build it they should put the engine inside the track. If an engine can pull instead of pushing a track you gain about 25 percent power efficiency

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
I was told it is not going to be sold to the public it was a proof of concept ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mumur

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2019
Bozeman, Montana
Yep, that was what they got back to me with too. Proof of concept, looking to get some OEM interested enough to buy the patent. Too bad, but understandable.

Premium Features