• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Brake line - cant disconnect at handlebar

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
Is there some top secret technique or tool to disconnect the brake line at the handle bar. I have 2 polaris Gen II brake lever assemblies (one with stock line and one with SLP brake line) and I can't disconnect either one. I was able to remove the stock line from where it connects to the master cylinder but I've exhausted my extensive vocabulary of profanity trying to disconnect the mofo at the lever. Even the dog has retreated to the house.

I have it tight to the handle bar for leverage and I am even able to get the closed end of a wrench to it by sliding it all the way up the brake line to the nut. Being that the thing is plastic, I'm afraid I going to break it. The assembly still starts to rotate on the handle bars when i start to torque on the wrench. I have even applied heat with a friggin torch.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks again.

S
Mar 11, 2009
Washington
I have it tight to the handle bar for leverage and I am even able to get the closed end of a wrench to it by sliding it all the way up the brake line to the nut.

A boxed end is better than an open end, but a tubing wrench is better than a 12 point boxed end (unless you have a 6 point boxed end). A tubing wrench is especially handy when both ends of the line are still attached and you can't get a boxed end wrench on it.

J

jfield

Dec 2, 2007
Bozeman, Mt
All i can do is say good luck, i had the same problem on mine. i ended up buying a whole new brake assembly.

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
Kurts Polaris here in Missoula got it for me on both levers.

No charge. Thanks to the guys at Kurts!!!!!!!

Premium Features