• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Brainerd Area

Dec 5, 2015
Minnesota
Does anyone know if the Paul Bunyon State Trail is open to snowmobiles year round. The C J Ramstad North Shore State Trail, you can ride anytime there is snow.
Hoping to get in an early ride before all trails open Dec 1
Would really like to ride with some locals from that area, day trip distance from my house in the Twin Cities. Always looking for new peeps to ride with. I have lots of free time in winter to ride. My regular FT job is seasonal.

Yaeger34

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2015
St cloud mn
Made it up to brainerd on Saturday. Did some testing of the new sled and the snowbike. Snow as good for flatland snow! Made for a good few hours of testing.
picture.php

http://snowest.com/forum/forum.vb/picture.php?albumid=3532&pictureid=33835

S
Dec 29, 2001
Brainerd,MN
Does anyone know if the Paul Bunyon State Trail is open to snowmobiles year round. The C J Ramstad North Shore State Trail, you can ride anytime there is snow.
Hoping to get in an early ride before all trails open Dec 1
Would really like to ride with some locals from that area, day trip distance from my house in the Twin Cities. Always looking for new peeps to ride with. I have lots of free time in winter to ride. My regular FT job is seasonal.
The Paul Bunyan State Trail is always open, ( quote: local DNR Trails & Parks officer.)
Grant-in-Aid snowmobile trails follow the Dec.1 to April 1 rule IF there is sufficient snow.

Dec 5, 2015
Minnesota
The Paul Bunyan State Trail is always open, ( quote: local DNR Trails & Parks officer.)
Grant-in-Aid snowmobile trails follow the Dec.1 to April 1 rule IF there is sufficient snow.

Thanks, was thinking that may be. I know the CJ Ramstad, (north shore state trail) is open to ride year round. Would of made a nice early day trip, only a couple hours or so from my home 20.

Premium Features