• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boosted 146” 850 Freeride

S
Feb 7, 2010
Contemplating putting a turbo on my 146 freeride for my summer sled project. What other things need to be done to get the best performance out of the sled and onto the snow? Can you keep them cool with the shorter tunnel? 3” track? Shock/Skid package? Clutching? Belt drive?

looking for real world advice from people that have boosted or ridden boosted 146 850’s. Colorado Mountain riding.

thanks

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I personally think thats the wrong sled for a turbo unless your stamina level is off the chart or your putting a longer track underneath it.
Same engine less cooler surface. It will definitely run hotter than a 175.

S
Feb 7, 2010
Lots of Stamina, at least that’s what the women say!!!

I already have boosted 165 running 10lbs. Going for that next level of fun. Will most likely not be the everyday sled unless it turns out better than expected.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
What year? My 20 146 Freeride was the funnest thing I have ever owned. I have stuck longer tracked sleds in the trees leading them in, it will also pack a tailstander for an entire hill. Depends how you ride it. I checked another, not going to change a thing except lockout, skid, riser and can.

Premium Features