• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boost fuel consumption and range?

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
Just wondering with the smaller fuel tank and the new turbo what the fuel range is compared to the n/a 850? Have these demo’s been doing ok or are they fuel pigs like the doo turbos. How do they compare to the 850 n/a axys? Hopefully we don’t need a 5 gallon jerry can strapped to the back.

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
must be bad news on the fuel consumption if all you folks that have rode them can’t toss out an answer on how they compare to a n/a 850.

C
Dec 14, 2020
There are probably only a handful of people that have actually put fuel in or cared to notice.

I know my first couple rides I pay attention, after that I have a rough guess and just know I'm not worried about running out most days.

D
Oct 31, 2013
NH
its not any different than a aftermarket boosted 850. To be honest riding my boosted sled in a group of NA sleds they are always really close in fuel consumption. I also got to spend a day on the new boost and I think its more efficient being a factory turbo.

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
its not any different than a aftermarket boosted 850. To be honest riding my boosted sled in a group of NA sleds they are always really close in fuel consumption. I also got to spend a day on the new boost and I think its more efficient being a factory turbo.
That’s good to hear. My Silber boosted 850 is very close to the na sleds I ride with so I’m just fine with it being the same as I have now. Just hope it isn’t the fuel pig that the doo factory turbo is.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Fuel consumption is relative to the rider.(same as belt life)
A whole group of guys can go out for a ride and stay in close proximity to each other, the miles accumulated will not be the same, fuel consumed will not be the same.
The guy that uses the most fuel in ur group, will likely use the most fuel no matter what brand sled he rides(to a degree).

Usually the younger guy that never sits still uses the most.
Or the guy that likes nothing but highmarking.
Highmarking will net the worst fuel economy as ur full throttle with the lowest track speed.

Worst case should be no less than 3mpg (i pitty the fool that gets worse )
Best case could be as high as 7-8mpg.... for the trail riders.

Sent it

C
Dec 14, 2020

You didn't account for the 10000 whacks of the throttle to hear the "boost noises!"

For what it's worth, I get between 8-10mpg trail and off with NA 800. My buddy gets about 5-8mpg with his Boondocker 800. I screw around more than he does, but we're usually 6-7000'+, if I'm loosing 30% horsepower it should be pulling a bunch of fuel, where the altitude compensation just adds boost to the "sea level" fuel map.

My guess would be the more efficient sled is the one that scares you into backing off the throttle. Less throttle is better economy. You can only make power with fuel, can't get it magically.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
I'm theorizing that they'll run about 45 minuters at 50 MPH, roughly 3.1 mpg. My '19 NA 850 will run about 1 hour at 45 mph making powder pulls, 3.8 mpg. No wonder we have to sit and drink beer all day, can't ride these gas guzzling pigs much unless you have a supertanker following you around.

Premium Features