• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker Reactor Muffler

Finnlandr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 21, 2009
Parts Unknown
Anyone have any additional information on this muffler/silencer?

Deep-Snow™ Technology prevents your exhaust from blockage. You can literally cover the exhaust outlet, and your machine will run normally. Can any other muffler say THAT?

Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 2.38.17 PM.png

Matthew runge

Goldy
Premium Member
Oct 5, 2018
Minnesota
Not sure either. I if does what they say it does I am vary interested. The biggest thing that’s stands out to me is the heat shielding to try do reduce just as the factory one does. With a weight saving of I am guessing around 8 pounds as my factory 850 can is almost 17 lbs. also a nice sound would be nice. Most other company’s are making quiet cans now too.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I ordered one. Been wanting something quieter than my current can.

Figure they've done plenty of testing with the "bypass" on the boosted sleds, and their sound levels seems very acceptable.

Matthew runge

Goldy
Premium Member
Oct 5, 2018
Minnesota
I have been going between this one and a diamond s. Like the sound of the diamond s also and that is is a chambered muffler design not packing that blows out. Does anyone know if the boodocker uses packing ?

B
Sep 24, 2009
Yakima Wa
You can literally cover the exhaust outlet, and your machine will run normally. Can any other muffler say THAT?
Additionally, the muffler is engineered to remove hot air from the engine compartment.

Any ideas on how these two things are accomplished?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Couple images to check out.

It's pretty quiet. Saw a video today. I know it's hard to tell in a video, but I liked the quiet sound.
Video is up on Boondockers Facebook and Instagram... sounds great, and you can definitely tell its not super loud.

M

MarleneeSteven

Aug 17, 2009
Idaho Falls, ID
www.mountainsnowadventures.com
Boondocker has faced their fate. Wow. The new business model is cans...Speechless.
As the factories start coming with turbos, no one knows how to make them perform better than BoonDocker. Our business model will shift from primarily turbos to turbo upgrades, ecu tuning, and high-performance accessories, just as we have done in the UTV world. It's important to us that we stay relevant and current with market trends, and not sit-back-and-watch it pass us by, don't you think?

M

MarleneeSteven

Aug 17, 2009
Idaho Falls, ID
Additionally, the muffler is engineered to remove hot air from the engine compartment.

Any ideas on how these two things are accomplished?
The patent-pending design, in normal circumstances, draws under-hood air through the heat shield and pulls it out the exhaust tip, using the airflow to draw the air. When the pipe becomes blocked, the exhaust can fill the heat-shield cavity and temporarily vent under the hood. We engineered the outlet of that vent near factory vents.

X
Oct 8, 2009
As the factories start coming with turbos, no one knows how to make them perform better than BoonDocker. Our business model will shift from primarily turbos to turbo upgrades, ecu tuning, and high-performance accessories, just as we have done in the UTV world. It's important to us that we stay relevant and current with market trends, and not sit-back-and-watch it pass us by, don't you think?
"Nobody knows better"... that is not true Steve. The boondocker product is of reasonable quality at this point, but to say it is the best product out and nobody can do better is incorrect. Anyone who grew up in Idaho falls and saw the evolution of BD should know better. As far as factories preempting your main revenue stream, changing is all you can do to stay in business into the future. I would not expect you to say anything different. Rocky should have sold when he had the chance.

Last edited:
M

MarleneeSteven

Aug 17, 2009
Idaho Falls, ID
Well I think it is great that you are on this forum to share information about the product and the company. To me that speaks volumes about Boondockers commitment.
We also have our BoonDocker Owner's Community on FaceBook where discussions like this happen! ....trying to be everywhere at once!

Thanks for the comment though, it certainly entices me to be more active here!

Finnlandr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 21, 2009
Parts Unknown
MarleneeSteven ......the website says "There is a noticeable increase in performance from a colder operating temperature"... can you expand on this statement in terms of performance?

Premium Features