• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bombardier Recreational Products Refuses Amsoils requests..Oil facts released

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
As the world of oil turns BRP had made claims last fall Amsoil and other oils other than its own will fail to adequately protect the Rotax E-Tec engine. BRP refused to release the study information that they used to make this claim. With the limited info they did let out it was found they modified the ECM to do more harm in a 25 hour test to replicate a longer real world test. I am posting here the REAL world test of these two oils with extensive tear down documentation to support it. Also there is a 3,469 mile real world test done that includes a tear down examination. This should put all the hear say to rest on oils. I CHALLENGE any oil company or manufacture to provide such a thorough test and PUBLISH it.

As for the fear monguring the manufactures are doing about voiding your factory warranty...that is settled here with this statement from Amsoil.....

."If an OEM, dealership or mechanic says using AMSOIL synthetic lubricants in place of the OEM will void the warranty, obtain a written statement to that effect and AMSOIL will contact them and resolve it"

I dont see any other oils making these statements!

I have provided a couple pages from the test and the full test http://www.amsoil.com/lit/G3039.pdfwith color pictures in the links. If you want to challenge these tests please feel free but at least have the common sense to look at the tests and back up your arguement with facts or photo's. I will say that the formula for Interceptor has been around a LONG time and the manufactures are FINALLY making a oil that is close. Thanks to Amsoil for holding the bar high and them having to come to it! If not we would still be using crap oil from the manufactures.

**On a side note, Yes I do sell Amsoil However, this is not a sales pitch buy what ever oil you want! I will say that the XPS-2 oil tested very well and is not a bad oil. But you can see this for yourself when you examine the study. Its just nice to see a factual study done and published

3400 mile test http://www.amsoil.com/lit/G3038.pdf

Complete study http://www.amsoil.com/lit/G3039.pdf

amsoilwarranty.jpg

amstestcover.jpg

amsoil2.jpg

amsoiltwostudies.jpg

Last edited:

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
technically the manufacturer can specify that you use only their product..but if they do..they must provide it free of charge...that is also in the Magneson/moss warranty act...........

H

Highmarker

Nov 20, 2004
In the west!
Had a dealer deny my burned down motor for warranty because of Amsoil in the tank. Took it to the next dealer in the next town and got a brand new crate engine free of charge no questions asked

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Amsoil rocks!

Whoever said amsoil leaves deposits on exhaust valves, is no good etc. etc. is a dumbass. I've used interceptor since '98, starting with my SummitX 670. Split Second twin pipes and rode the f@#k out of that thing. 7000km on the factory crank! Sold it and it still runs. Run it in my Edge chassis Polaris, (2) 800HO Doos, (1) with an Aerocharger Turbo, and in my 2011 P-tek since new. I won't run anything else! INTERCEPTOR

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
Just got the Amsoil flyer in the mail and read that. Have run it in my sled from day one and it will be used in my Polaris Pro also. I run there oil in my 5.9L, BMW F650GS, chain saw, weed wacker, 4 wheeler and snow blower.
I like there products and they seem to work well.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Nice test and I believe it is honest but this statement in the conclusion confuses me as I read it that the Amsoil was shown to be better than XPS and on page 13 I see the opposite??? 5% better by the Doo oil?

Capture.JPG

CANNONMAN

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Colorado/Wisconsin
www.thundermountainlodge.net
I run it in everything and have for many years. When I say everything I mean from weedwhacker to barstool racer to 7.3 diesel to backhoes and skidsteers. My sleds for the last 15 years have never seen anything else and I have never had a oil related failure. Great stuff!!!!!!

T
Feb 22, 2012
Now I want to know as a Canadian if I run this and my Etec blows up, will BRP have legal legs to stand on if they wont warranty it?

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
This reminds me of the political crap we are seeing right now. You just don't know what to believe.

I hope Ski-Doo isn't doing this just to get people to buy their oil. I know Polaris oil is a good $12 a gallon more than I pay for AmsOil.

I too have ran AmsOil for years now. My diesel trucks, wife's car, dirt bike, sleds, quads and street bike. During the infamous Dragon 800 years I never lost my motor on my 09 D8 with 1800 miles. My D7 made it 3200 miles and my Pro has 1600 miles. Knock on wood but I've never lost a motor with AmsOil in it. Coincidence? Maybe, but I'll ride this train as long as it works.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Just read this the other day. Glad Amsoil stepped up and proved their oil was "worthy".

I've ran nothing but Amsoil and zero problems. Also had the famous 800 cfi-4 motor with no failures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
Nice test and I believe it is honest but this statement in the conclusion confuses me as I read it that the Amsoil was shown to be better than XPS and on page 13 I see the opposite??? 5% better by the Doo oil?

They say "overall" that doesnt mean best in 100% categories. Just that in a total of all they tested higher. Doo's oil is pretty good compared to the past, they have come along ways. I would assume other brands have stepped up there OEM oils to but wouldnt know unless a comprehensive test was done like this one.

Premium Features