• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bogging on 2020s

Hotchief

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2005
Normandy Park, WA
I have the issue at 5800-6000 RPM. 4 rides at 100 miles - issue just started on last (4th) ride. SLP can since new.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Mine seems to run good , a couple things to check are the exhaust valves and throttle cable tension. I added a defender intake and it hasn't missed a beat since. Make sure your intake is sealed up and together correctly. I have seen a few that aren't and those seem to bog on deep days. I have found that the leaks are at the top on the initial screen. When assembling that piece you need to disassemble the screen parts (3 screws per side) and reassemble when everything is in place. Some guys are just muscling them in to place and am finding the lower part of the intake screen has come apart. It is a little bugger to see so you need to check carefully. Mine is stock except for the defender.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Are there any updates or fixes on this? My 2020 hardcore kind of pings and misses between 4,800 and 6,000. I don't know if it's fuel, the exhaust canister, the intake, the power valve cables?

R
Feb 26, 2008
Ive got one that does it that Ive been working to figure out what it is. I think its a combination of things as the stutter follows the TMAP sensor but isnt completely eliminated.

dgibbons

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
Mine just started doing this, this season. It seemed to run solid all last season when I got my clutching dialed in, but it's missing bad and sometimes won't come out of that bog until I let off for a few seconds. Screwed me numerous times over the weekend when I went to grab a handful of throttle and basically got nothing. Just enough to trench out usually.

Beetfarmer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2008
Idaho
Mine started bogging the end of last season between 4500 to 5500 rpm. Put a Bikeman stage one kit on and a tune this season and its still bogging. It’s dropping one cylinder when it bogs. It’s really bad when i go down the trail. If i blip the throttle i can keep it from bogging go down the trail. wish i could figure this out

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I still have it as well. It's right at clutch engagement until 6,000ish RPM. It sounds like it blubbering with a bit too much fuel but, it may be the opposite as well. I plan to watch my EGTs and see if they are higher or lower than normal when it's doing the weird pinging/blubbering/missing sound. Changing plugs didn't help, changing fuel brands didn't help. I will also tape off the extra vents in my BDX hood and see if that helps. I have a Diamond S can on the sled now to try because it was making the noise with a SSI titanium exhaust can. I also have the reducer for my Jaws pipe to try and see if that helps.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I have 2 2019's ( NON Flashed) running the defender intake screen-one has GGB mountain can and the other a GGB and trail can. never has missed a beat 250 miles on one and about 700 on the other.
EGT's generally run 1140 down the trail @ 6100 rpm 40-45 MPH No hiccups and both have never missed a beat.
I made a tool to keep the power valve cables in check.. But If I can help let me know troubleshooting

Beetfarmer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2008
Idaho
I have 2 2019's ( NON Flashed) running the defender intake screen-one has GGB mountain can and the other a GGB and trail can. never has missed a beat 250 miles on one and about 700 on the other.
EGT's generally run 1140 down the trail @ 6100 rpm 40-45 MPH No hiccups and both have never missed a beat.
I made a tool to keep the power valve cables in check.. But If I can help let me know troubleshooting
Could a temp sensor cause this? Had a buddy that had coolant sensor go bad at the end of last season and it developed bog like mine and then it would even start after he shut it off. Mine wouldn’t start last weekend after sitting in the trailer for a week and i had to hold it wide open and pulled it several times before it sputtered and started Acted like it was flooded. Dealer changed the sensor and his has ran flawless ever sense. We bought are sleds together and the serial number is in consecutive order. Im waiting on a new sensor to see if this might fix the bog.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Could a temp sensor cause this? Had a buddy that had coolant sensor go bad at the end of last season and it developed bog like mine and then it would even start after he shut it off. Mine wouldn’t start last weekend after sitting in the trailer for a week and i had to hold it wide open and pulled it several times before it sputtered and started Acted like it was flooded. Dealer changed the sensor and his has ran flawless ever sense. We bought are sleds together and the serial number is in consecutive order. Im waiting on a new sensor to see if this might fix the bog.
Yup the temp sensor can cause the problem. If the ecm thinks the engine is cold it adds extra fuel. You could just test the sensor with an Ohm meter and that would tell you it's condition.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Yup the temp sensor can cause the problem. If the ecm thinks the engine is cold it adds extra fuel. You could just test the sensor with an Ohm meter and that would tell you it's condition.
Beetfarmer... yes as Old & Slow stated...Indeed this is a pinpoint to focus on.. do you have the service manual for Ohm resistance?

Beetfarmer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2008
Idaho
I’m assuming they’re the same for 19-21.. Does anyone have the part number for the temp sensor? Thanks
They are not the same sensor the 19 has a pig tail and the 20 plugs right into the wire harness. The part number i ordered is 0824-051. country cat has them for about $15

Beetfarmer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2008
Idaho
Beetfarmer... yes as Old & Slow stated...Indeed this is a pinpoint to focus on.. do you have the service manual for Ohm resistance?
I don’t have service manual. I ohmed the old one and got nothing. New sensor should be showing up any day.

Premium Features