• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bogging down under a load??

K
Sep 23, 2010
BUCKLEY TOWN
Any body know what may cause this? After a good dumping of snow we headed up to the hills. Heading down the groomed trails the thing ripped. Got off into fresh powder it would slowly lost Rpm and head of steam, then stop and be stuck!! Almost like it wasn't back shifting right or at all. I have SLP pipe/can, PCV and everything else is stock. Checked exhaust springs, primary clutch spring and rollers in the secondary, all good. While I did all of this I just installed the fix kit, figured didnt hurt. At that point I noticed my motor plate was broke. Hard to believe that would have anything to do with my issue!! Any input is much appreciated.

Thanks
Kraig

T
Jan 7, 2013
canada
im having a similar problem. i think it might have something to do with snow /water getting into the air fuel mixture when during wide open throttle. I have the same pipe / PCV, high flow intake with a few other mods. i've been having the same problem since the sled was stock. gonna silicone the light, tape the airbox seams, and screen-off some of the stock hood vents to try to keep snow out of the engine compartment.

S
Mar 16, 2008
Idaho
You might check your secondary spring. Mine was doing that towards end of last season and when I summerized it, I found a broken spring in the secondary. Replaced it and after last weekend first trip out seems that problem is gone.

Last edited:
J

Justin_Sane

Nov 17, 2012
Alberta, Canada
If your motor straps/mounts were broken, your clutch/belt alignment might be out of spec, but I dont know if that is the cause of your issue. following the other train of thought, those airboxes are known to split at the seam and allow water and snow into them so the engine starts sucking in water. might be worth checking out at least. My airbox has been siliconed, and one of the local shops silicones every airbox on every sled he works on.

Premium Features