• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

bmx bars on 7/8 clamp?

M
Title says it all...I got some nice fly bmx racing bars. Clamp is 22.2mm which is .87399in and 7/8 is .875in. Seems like it can be done...any thoughts, opinions. I am relatively new to the sled game so no flaming :beer;

K

koschak

Jan 16, 2008
Northern Minnesota
Start out with physically putting them in the clamp. If it tights down well let it rip, otherwise you could maybe shave a tiny amount off the flat clamp surface so the halves don't touch before the bars are tight.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
look for some bar mounts for a newer honda crf, they still use a 7/8 bar and there mounts are a post style on the bottom.

M
I race bmx and have a couple sets laying around. I was planning on getting a larger riser but thought this could be an alternative. My only concern is width?

I can't find any info on stock bar width, 04 escape

S

Snowjunky

Jan 19, 2008
Loveland,Colorado
You should be able to clamp them okay. I did the same thing awhile back with some pro-tapers and hated them. It was just the wrong rake width etc. I went back to snow bars within the season and it was night and day. Give it a try and see what your prefrence is. Good luck. Check western Power. They have bars and mounts for pretty cheap.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
What material are these made of?

What is the wall thickness?

Is the end of the bar betweenthe crossbar bend and the end of the grip long enough for the controls to fit?

I'd be worried if they are heavy duty enough... big difference between a BMX and 500 lb sled with 100+ HP... Just a thought.

M
I was thinking about inertia and weather the bars would stand up. Honestly, they can handle 30-40 foot gaps on the bmx to dirt with some nasty nose cases, lol.

I agree though about the room for controls, this was a late night thought while I was stairing at my bmx while surfing snowest :beer;. My bar width is 26" on the fly's and they are cromo.

B
Jun 25, 2009
inkom, id
i put some haro bmx bars on my 00' 800 rmk and they fit perfect in the clamp. the only problem is stock were 28" wide the bmx bars are 24" so i have to find/make extension for them.

Premium Features