• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Blown Motor - WIN a FREE Reel Camera!?!

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
Thank goodness this is not a competition. Love the camera and it will replace my contour nicely.
Thanks for the give-a-way Blown Motor..

snowman80

Lifetime Membership
Sep 18, 2011
ND
Holy crap that's a lot of storage! Not a bad size either, big enough to have better odds of finding it if it would get ripped off but small enough to not notice it on your helmet. I like it. Looks like it'd be a great camera. I've always wanted a helmet camera :face-icon-small-win. Blown Motor just keeps bringing us great products!

J
Dec 15, 2008
Orofino, Id
Nice Camera, have looked at them, but haven't yet justified the cost. There are times when on the mountain we say "damn wish I had a video camera" but never got around to buying one. But if Blown Motor wanted me to put one to use I would :)

Sled Idaho

Lifetime Membership
Feb 14, 2002
McCall, Idaho
www.snowmobile-alliance.org
Love the fact that this comes with a 32GB SD card and an assortment of mounts. Out-of-the-box this camera seems ready for use, as opposed to the GoPro Hero 3+ Black. Much better value once you get to an apples to apples comparison point.

I also like that this camera will work down to 130 feet underwater. My wife is a good rider, but is also a rescue diver and will likely confiscate the camera (when I win it) for her Florida dive trip in late April.

One two-part question for Blown Motor - what is the best software used on a PC to process/edit the video; and what kind of HP will I need in my computer?

Thanks!

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
Love the fact that this comes with a 32GB SD card and an assortment of mounts. Out-of-the-box this camera seems ready for use, as opposed to the GoPro Hero 3+ Black. Much better value once you get to an apples to apples comparison point.

I also like that this camera will work down to 130 feet underwater. My wife is a good rider, but is also a rescue diver and will likely confiscate the camera (when I win it) for her Florida dive trip in late April.

One two-part question for Blown Motor - what is the best software used on a PC to process/edit the video; and what kind of HP will I need in my computer?

Thanks!

You lost us when you said PC ;) On our Macs we are running Final Cut Pro, and honestly, we really have not done any editing with a PC, maybe some other guys here can chime in and let us know what they use. Any program that is working right now well for a GoPro would def be just as suitable for the Reel footage. You can save the footage as an MP4, MOV, MPEG etc. Right now we are just using a modest 2.7 GHz, i7 with 24 GB of Ram.

Sled Idaho

Lifetime Membership
Feb 14, 2002
McCall, Idaho
www.snowmobile-alliance.org

You lost us when you said PC ;) On our Macs we are running Final Cut Pro, and honestly, we really have not done any editing with a PC, maybe some other guys here can chime in and let us know what they use. Any program that is working right now well for a GoPro would def be just as suitable for the Reel footage. You can save the footage as an MP4, MOV, MPEG etc. Right now we are just using a modest 2.7 GHz, i7 with 24 GB of Ram.

LOL! Unfortunately our Mac can barely run Firefox...not surprising since it's about eight years old w/ 800MB RAM. Needless to say we're in the market for a new machine but we are leaning PC because of our jobs. Love the Mac though.

That's a pretty sweet MacBook Pro you have! Thanks for file format info, and for the suggestion for Final Cut Pro and other GoPro software...I'll start looking around the forums.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
What do you use for computer software, downloading and such?

I have a old contour, and it was impossible to deal with on the computer. I was just looking at a go pro. This cam is really cool, will really have to check it out.

We are going riding next week. Could I do a test run/purchase?

Last edited:
B
Nov 11, 2010
Salmon Arm BC

Thanks!

I've been using GoPro Studio 2.0. Very easy to use. As far as computing power you will be looking at more than a bargain laptop. I edit with my GF's $1200 Asus and still would prefer more power. The video card plays a big role.

jgd

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Becker, MN
Looks to be very trick. Looking forward to demo'ing it, as my current "high end" POV camera took a hike. :camera:

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
Congratulations Ashley Eakin for being the Reel Camera Winner, and Thank you to all of those who have posted their thoughts and questions!

Premium Features