• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Blackhills Conditions #2

Spike89

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2012
North Rapid Creek Snotel looks like about 18" and Blind Park shows around 12".

S
Feb 17, 2008
Chicago Illinois
Black Hills South Dakota Snow conditions

Just looking to see if anyone could let me know how the conditions are? Looking to head that way from Chicago on Friday Morning.

Is it worth coming out or has the warm weather and rain eliminated the chance of riding good snow?

Thanks

R

Raff_9001M

Nov 27, 2007
Just looking to see if anyone could let me know how the conditions are? Looking to head that way from Chicago on Friday Morning.

Is it worth coming out or has the warm weather and rain eliminated the chance of riding good snow?

Thanks

Unfortunately I believe we will have to see how much rain we get. Temps will set up the snow some for sure.
I will say though that last weekend was some of the best riding I've had. When you're carving down Trail 3 because it wasn't groomed yet - it's gonna be a good day ��

Storm47

Premium Member
Jan 26, 2010
Sauk Rapids, MN
Does anyone have good pics or video of these epic conditions to make the rest of us feel bad that we couldn't make it out to play???

MidwestBoondocker

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 25, 2011
SW MN
I would post some up if it were easier to do on here. Last Saturday was unreal for the hills. We found waist to even chest deep in a few spots that were untouched all year it seemed. I’ll probably never have a better ride then that in the hills for the rest of my life

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
I would post some up if it were easier to do on here. Last Saturday was unreal for the hills. We found waist to even chest deep in a few spots that were untouched all year it seemed. I’ll probably never have a better ride then that in the hills for the rest of my life

Its easy to post pictures using tapatalk.

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
I finished out my winter season today. Cleaned out the Hardy cabin, packed my stuff and hauled my last snowmobile home. I ended the season with 4800 miles. Still plenty of snow out there but not good snow. Hard as concrete in the morning and mushy by afternoon. No powder left. We still could get a good spring storm but you have be ready to hit it quick.

Nodaker

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2008
VC, ND
Duane, Just wanted give a big "THANKS" for another year of great reporting and support of our sport. Some great snow conditions were icing on the cake, just wish we had made it out more to enjoy it all. Thanks again to you and your group.

Premium Features