• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Black Hills Conditions

B
Jan 17, 2018
Thanks for all the info. Services are always appreciated so its good to know they are generally available and not to be taken for granted. We probably won't pass up very many gas stops.

Just curious as to what to expect for price of 91 octane.

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
I did ride into Mystic Hills today. Not pretty but doable. Trails from Trailshead to Dumont in good shape. Hard but smooth with a little fresh on top. Dumont to Mystic Hills was not bad up to 7C but got much thinner as you got closer to Mystic Hills. 1-2 inches new snow last night and it was snowing good when I left Hardy this afternoon. The warm weather Monday and Tuesday did not hurt snow conditions any up top. Trails were not icy (except by Mystic Hills) and no crust off trail. Cool weather for much of the week and several chances of snow is predicted.

D

d dunwoody

Feb 4, 2010
Snowing like crazy in northern hills

Snow is really coming down . 6” of New at big hill parking lot and still snowing!!About time.

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
4-6 inches new snow. It has stopped snowing. More snow is predicted for Monday and latter net week. Trails in great shape. Off trail base is coming along good. Riders now reporting feeling stumps instead of hitting them. Still have to be careful if carving hard. My daughter and my future son in law brought friends up to ride. When I checked on them they had all 3 of my sleds stuck in the small field next to Hardy Camp. Almost waist deep. My patrol sled turned 6000 miles a couple of days ago. Next weekend should be good.

B
Jan 17, 2018
how are things looking for the rest of the week. would really like to make it out this coming weekend?

This forecast calls for up to 10" through Friday night. You could hit the jackpot. Great timing for our arrival on Sunday. :face-icon-small-haphttps://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/wy/four-corners?cm_ven=localwx_10day

W

wag13

Jun 22, 2008
Spearfish,SD
Looks like smaller amounts starting today (hey it all adds up) leading up to the largest amount tomorrow night. Should finish up Friday afternoon and make for a great weekend...I know i'll be out!

This forecast calls for up to 10" through Friday night. You could hit the jackpot. Great timing for our arrival on Sunday. :face-icon-small-haphttps://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/wy/four-corners?cm_ven=localwx_10day

03Firecatguy

Mar 12, 2011
Aberdeen SD
My uncle rode the Horns last weekend then rode in the Hills on the way home. Wiped out an A-Arm just lightly riding off trail. I've seen videos, its not good but getting better. Once the snotel reads 30" then riding out there is good. At 25 its still pretty risky. Just past experience.

We are headed to the Horns this weekend. They have over 3' of fresh snow and another 8-17" forecast this week. Its only an extra 3 hours so it was a no brainer.........

W
Jan 27, 2016
Just talked to the place we are staying at in Lead and they said no off trail riding not enoug snow, I see posts with what looks like good snow but where is it??

Premium Features