• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Black Hills Condition 1

T

thierracing

Jan 1, 2010
Fulda MN
Just got checked into our hotel in spearfish planing to park at the spearfish canyon lodge in the morning! Looks sweet up there can't wait!

moonshiner

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Yankton, SD
Just got checked into our hotel in spearfish planing to park at the spearfish canyon lodge in the morning! Looks sweet up there can't wait!

We will be going out of trailshead, feel free to say hi if we see you on the hill, orange black 2014 M9000, 2010 m8 white sno pro and a m1100t black and orange.

W

wag13

Jun 22, 2008
Spearfish,SD
We will be going out of trailshead, feel free to say hi if we see you on the hill, orange black 2014 M9000, 2010 m8 white sno pro and a m1100t black and orange.

Mind if I tag along for the ride tomorrow? If so, what time you planning on riding out of Trailshead..let me know!

605-645-8789

moonshiner

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Yankton, SD
Mind if I tag along for the ride tomorrow? If so, what time you planning on riding out of Trailshead..let me know!

605-645-8789

That would be great if you could show us some good spots, but we do have to go with the wives in the afternoon. We should be in the lot by 8:30-9 am. Dark red mega cab with black gooseneck enclosed.

W

wag13

Jun 22, 2008
Spearfish,SD
That would be great if you could show us some good spots, but we do have to go with the wives in the afternoon. We should be in the lot by 8:30-9 am. Dark red mega cab with black gooseneck enclosed.

It's all good. I ride more with my mom and sister in the group then without, so nothing new for me there. Sounds good, see ya'll on the hill.

T

thierracing

Jan 1, 2010
Fulda MN

Well say hey if we see ya were running blacked out nytro mtx RX mountain fire cat and two Mtn max 700s I'm the one with white wind shield and Hmk pack. See ya on the hill!!!!

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
When did they change snowest where basic members could post and read past post no. 75? Good snow squall came through and dumped a quick 2 inches. More is expected through the weekend.

moonshiner

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Yankton, SD
When did they change snowest where basic members could post and read past post no. 75? Good snow squall came through and dumped a quick 2 inches. More is expected through the weekend.

That was nuts, decided to pack up a little early since we could not see anything! Had a great day, good snow for this time of year! Thanks to Wag for showing us around!

T

thierracing

Jan 1, 2010
Fulda MN
We were at trails head when it started snowing like crazy. I think they got even more around 4-6" further north. We found amazing snow up in the trees today. Hit a few stumps but nothing bad enough to break anything. It was super good up in the trees between trails head and the canyon lodge we had to bust our 3 shovels out and the sno bunji to get sleds out multiple times today. Even for being early season it is definitely one of my best trips out here yet! Lots of pow sitting up in the trees. I would say its worth the 7 hr trip pulling only 7 mpg for sure!

W

wag13

Jun 22, 2008
Spearfish,SD
Also had the first victim of the year today (to my knowledge). Dang those RED signs are hard to see! hope you had fun with that one today Duane!:face-icon-small-coo

P

prairiebound

Dec 3, 2007
hills have good snow

I feel bad for the guy that took the wrong turn at trailshead with his pickup. I did that once about 20 years ago in a 2 wheel drive. hit that snow bank as hard as I could and bounced over it and drove in the parking lot like I planned it. . it was not as tall as today. must be 6 to 8 ft. tall to day. if you are thinking about going to the hills come on out. the snow is fantastic. knee deep powder in spots with a good base. dropped off at trailshead and went nw. came across a dead elk. 5 x 5 antlers. that was pretty cool. did not take a camera today so I cant post a pic. can you cut the antlers off a dead elk in wy. and take them home?

S

shawn2820

Dec 26, 2009
Arthur Nebraska
I feel bad for the guy that took the wrong turn at trailshead with his pickup. I did that once about 20 years ago in a 2 wheel drive. hit that snow bank as hard as I could and bounced over it and drove in the parking lot like I planned it. . it was not as tall as today. must be 6 to 8 ft. tall to day. if you are thinking about going to the hills come on out. the snow is fantastic. knee deep powder in spots with a good base. dropped off at trailshead and went nw. came across a dead elk. 5 x 5 antlers. that was pretty cool. did not take a camera today so I cant post a pic. can you cut the antlers off a dead elk in wy. and take them home?

pretty sure you have to report it first.

W

wag13

Jun 22, 2008
Spearfish,SD
Nothing special so don't get your hopes up, my GoPro died like 5 minutes in, also it got pushed down and I didn't realize so sorry for that haha. This video is just so you can see how the snow was today. If you thought about coming this weekend and didn't, IMO you missed out. The snow is way good in the hills, especially this time of year. Let the vid do the talking tho.<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eR5na0-U6q8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Premium Features