• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bighorns

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
I’d like to know too. Plan on going up to Powder River pass Tuesday. Snotel says there’s only 22”. That doesn’t sound very good.

brandon227

Lifetime Membership
Nov 3, 2010
North East Wyoming
I went up and rode last weekend before Christmas on Powder river pass. There is no base In most spots but the snow depths is really good compared to last year at this time. The draws and Holes should be even better now. Snowtel for a change is pretty spot on .

LittleSchloppy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 28, 2013
Rode north out of bear lodge Friday was able to find awesome untouched snow around skull ridge was waist deep and starting to get a good base from the big storm, but was 40° so snow set up quite a bit towards end of the day. Saturday rode north west but with cooler temps and wind overnight the snow conditions weren't the best but was able to find good pow mostly in the trees and on north facing slope that weren't affected by the sun. Alot of the open areas got tracked up quite a bit was definitely a lot of riders out but we managed to find untouched pow not far off the beaten path. Heard another storm is rolling thru early next week and should make for some great riding!

camoman

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2010
Ste.Anne Manitoba, Canada
Hows the snow conditions as of late? Thinking of planning a trip to Bear Lodge late March / early april and wondered how the snow conditions ussually are that time of year?

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
Can’t say that far out, but my Son talked to a few guys that had been sledding there yesterday. They said it’s filled in real nice since the last storm. Weren’t hitting any rocks or tree stumps. So that’s an improvement.

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
Looking for someone or a group to ride with in the bighorns next week around March 15th. I'll be on the lovell side riding out of crystal creek parking lot.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I'd love to meet up, but I've got a growling transmission that I'm digging into this week (opening it a second time; could be I got something wrong the first time, although that's been five years and 25,000 miles ago). Let me know how long you'll be around, I might be able to get it finished soon enough...

Premium Features