• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best track upgrade 155 - 2012 Pro 800

D
Dec 4, 2007
After 4000 miles my track is falling apart. I can see the fiberglass where some lugs have ripped off, it's about time for an upgrade. I do nearly 100% mountain riding, although much of it is in the spring with heavier snow. I have full a full SLP pipe and "stage 2" clutching from a local shop.

I'd like to stick with the stock length and drivers if possible (2.86).

I can get Composit tracks locally for the best deal ~$700 https://compositsnowmobiletracks.com/product/m66-3r-2-62/

I've also looked at the CE 2.5 https://sledtrack.com/product/camso-9104m-challenger-extreme-snowmobile-track/

My original consideration was the 155 2.6 Axys track, but I've heard mixed reviews on longevity and about the lugs being too high. I would likely only be able to find a used one for around $5-600.

I've read about people clipping the sides of their CE 2.5 tracks by 1/4 inch for more clearance from which there was a gain in performance on these sleds. I know some of you have tried different track set ups, I'd like to hear a consensus on the best upgrade for these sleds!

Thanks

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Powerclaw 3" by far, would require different drivers and chaincase mod though. Well worth it, happy everytime i ride mine (even in the prairies ).

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
0df4c54f1fa5b961adcbe9c287af2762.jpg
d9b405ad9ab6a37dc95d0120feb3d66d.jpg

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
2.5 CE, sawtooth, was a great drop in stock driver replacement track on the pros; dual ply, fully clipped, it is heavier but tough, held up to abuse and trail speed very well on one of my pros. Has a different lug pattern than the 5.1, more snow between lugs. Much better on setup snow with it's stiffer lugs and pattern, once broke in ~200 mi softened up enough to be just as good in pow as the 5.1, much better all around. Did I mention tough? Did not trim the outter lugs (a TRS mod). Think I paid ~650 back then. Simple and effective for a pro.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
2.5 CE, sawtooth, was a great drop in stock driver replacement track on the pros; dual ply, fully clipped, it is heavier but tough, held up to abuse and trail speed very well on one of my pros. Has a different lug pattern than the 5.1, more snow between lugs. Much better on setup snow with it's stiffer lugs and pattern, once broke in ~200 mi softened up enough to be just as good in pow as the 5.1, much better all around. Did I mention tough? Did not trim the outter lugs (a TRS mod). Think I paid ~650 back then. Simple and effective for a pro.
Totally my recommendation and experience... superior in every way to the Polaris series 5.1, still a 1-ply, heavier but much more durable.

D
Dec 4, 2007
Thanks for the replies. One of my biggest concerns is just trenching in the deep, have you guys experienced any trenching with your set ups in really deep snow? I’m in Alaska, it’s often a trench fest but my track seems to do worse than my buddies 12&13 albeit they have all their lugs ?. Any side by side comparison in deep pow reg2view?

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
No side by side with 2.4 vs. 2.5. I stuck the 2.5 in the first 20 miles in a deep hole that I was sure (in my mind) the 2.4 would have made, but knew the track wasn't broke in. It softened/improved as the miles piled up to the point where I felt it was as good as the 2.4 in soft snow - and better everywhere else. Skid setup impacts trenching a lot on the pros, and I had an evol RTS and zero pro FTS usually setup for lots of transfer and as light as you could make a pro in the front. I don't think a 2.5 CE will ever trench less than a 2.4, all other factors the same - the best attribute of the 5.1 was how it gets up on the snow with the poo pro skid. FWIW.

Premium Features