• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best sled I've ever owned.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
Can anyone else say the 850 is the best sled they've ever owned? Last fall I gambled and purchased one of those supposedly problematic 2019 850's, after 2350 trouble free miles I'm all smiles. Other than the original owner having it clutched a little heavy, some finicky starting, and some minor 216 hot weather belt bleeding issues, I'm happy. The clutch does not eat rollers like my 800's did (still original), and is a real solid performance gain over my 800 Axys. I never had an 800 run without issues past 2,100 miles. I ran the original belt in an extremely steep and deep environment for 1,600 miles before I put it in the spare belt holder, and after giving it a once over last week I noticed the QD belt is still tight. Have I just got lucky or is this the most reliable, easy on parts, high performance sled Polaris has ever produced??

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV
AA: Glad to hear you're happy with your '19 850. I rode with one of the Nevada City guys a few months ago at Grouse Ridge and he had a '19 850 Snowcheck that he rode the piss out of. Said his sled ran flawless and had around 2000 miles on it. He mentioned that a batch of the '19's did have some problems with the crank bearing(s) but the issue was corrected. He felt the '19's got a bad rap. He was happy as hell with his and was Snowchecking a '22.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
I was a little hesitant to purchase but considering it had two seasons of warranty left I figured I'd give it a go. It's really hard to get a good picture of real world results on the innertube, the folks having issues are really pipey and those with good results are pretty quiet. You really can't put too much faith in the big picture by what is said by a few having been assembled incorrectly. The most concerning issue I had read was the rumor the PTO bearing could migrate in the cases and fail, but I think I can assume that after 2350 miles of hammering on it, it must have been a solid design.

Vertical Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Boyden,Ia
Ive had almost 2000 miles trouble free on my 19 850! just replaced the original belt in april on my last ride. I had the dealer reflash it last season and havent looked back. one more year of warranty so ill ride it this next season and then snow check a matryx. easily the best sled ive had.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I think the pto bearing issue was a, if it’s going to go, it goes in the first couple hundred miles. Mine went out on the very first ride.

Premium Features