• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best seat for Husky?

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
Have a 19 Husky FX450 and I love the grip of the stock seat but its pretty firm for snowbike duty

Is the Seat Concepts the way to go?

I see there is a factory soft seat now. I have the KTM Powerparts seat for my KTM (which I assume would at least be the same foam material) and its pretty comfy, but I rarely sit when riding dirt.

Guts?

My buddy likes the Enduro Engineering seat.

Any thoughts?

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Seat concepts snowbike seat is my arse approved

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using Tapatalk

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
Thanks for the replies.

Was debating the Seat Concepts but they were back ordered from Rocky Mountain. Ended up finding the factory soft seat for $100, so I went that route. I'm pretty happy with the KTM version so hopefully it works out. I also like the grip of the factory cover and didn't want to loose that.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Thanks for the replies.

Was debating the Seat Concepts but they were back ordered from Rocky Mountain. Ended up finding the factory soft seat for $100, so I went that route. I'm pretty happy with the KTM version so hopefully it works out. I also like the grip of the factory cover and didn't want to loose that.

Hopefully it works well.

Do yourself a favor and sit on a seat concepts seat when you get a chance.

Here’s my experience. On a 2016 sxf450 snowbiking.
1: fisher widebody seat (less grippy)

2: seat concepts comfort (more grippy)

Distant 3rd guts racing soft

(Not much difference between these below)
4: Ktm soft
5: enduro engineering seat
6: 2x4 doug fir
7: 6 days edition seat
8: stock seat.

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
Interesting

My buddy had the seat concepts and took it off and liked the EE better

I would like to work on making myself stand more. I almost always stand on dirt but it feels awkward on snow. My biggest complaint about snowbiking is sitting all the time and would prefer to stand. Definitely prefer the snowmobile in that regard.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
I stand up going down a whooped out road. I stand up when I’m about to hit a big G out. And I stand up when I’m about to hit the face of a jump through the landing. Other than that our current snow bikes just favor of seating position.
I also set a lot on my dirtbike. I’m not racing. Mostly just fast singletrack trail riding but the more I can sit the more energy I can save. Stand up when I need to. Still go pretty fast sitting down. The other day I was chasing my buddy who was standing the whole time and I was laughing because I was sitting following him. We all like to think we stand all the time on our dirt bikes but we don’t.

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
I absolutely despise sitting on a dirt bike. Unless I'm going walking speed or less and know I will have to stop and dab, I just feel like I have no control. Standing feels so much better. I try to only sit if its really gnarly where I know I am going to need to dab and paddle. I guess when I'm just cruising down a dirt road I sit occasionally.

I feel like you never really can dab in deep snow on snowbike, so maybe I should be trying to stand?

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
It will be nice when the design of snow bikes allows us to stand more. Seems like the CMX is best for that right now. For some reason, the geometry on a Snowbike just feels awkward standing. Back to topic though a little bit, the guys I ride with that have a seat concepts seat love them.

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
Factory soft seat showed up today (Part # 25107940500). Definitely a noticeably softer foam. Seems pretty equivalent to my KTM power parts soft seat.

Excited to try it out this season. Just need snow now!

Premium Features