• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best running boards?

Down

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Eastern IA
So whats the consensus on running boards? I've been checking into Better Boards, Snow Eliminators, and Mtn. Tuff Boards. They all seem pretty similar but I'd like to know if any are a little better than the others. I've heard that some may crack or tear after use. Is one more durable than the rest? Any others I should consider?

I have a set of Snow Eliminators and really like them. Some of my friends have Better Boards and they like them too. I'm not qualified to comment on the other brands but kind of think they would all work pretty well.

Strength has been fine. I weigh 180lbs.

JoeMalcolmsleds.jpg

Down

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Eastern IA
Thanks guys.

That makes 2 for Better Boards. Anyone else have any input? I was leaning towards Mtn. Tuff as they appear (at least from the photos I have seen) to be a little thicker and possibly more durable??? Does anyone know the actual thickness of these boards?

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com
I have the Snow Eliminators on my Nytro. They are ok, but they collect alot of snow and then they ice up so I have to constantly stomp them to break the ice build up in them. If I had to do it over again I would go with the WRP's as well.

S
Mar 26, 2009
Puyallup, WA
I use Better Boards as well. I weigh 260 and have no problem. They are plenty strong. Make sure you get them coated as bare aluminum will allow snow and ice to freeze and stick.

I really like the new air frame boards from skinz. I would get those if I was starting over

Z

Zipperno

Jan 9, 2008
Nordkjosbotn, Norway
I also have betterboards. Works great!!

DSC00431.jpg

grizzly7

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2009
Wisconsin
I am not a pro by any means but I had BB and SE's, I bought the Skinz Air frame boards this year and I can say that these are way stiffer and stronger than both, I can't say for ridding yet but just looking at them I can't believe they will hold any snow at all!!!! I do know that with the other brands they did build with snow a little even though they were much better than stock. Here is a picture.

IMG_1501.jpg

U
Oct 4, 2008
I am not a pro by any means but I had BB and SE's, I bought the Skinz Air frame boards this year and I can say that these are way stiffer and stronger than both, I can't say for ridding yet but just looking at them I can't believe they will hold any snow at all!!!! I do know that with the other brands they did build with snow a little even though they were much better than stock. Here is a picture.

how did you get your boards? i ordered mine in august and still don't have them.

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
++1 Better Boards!

Dig my Better Boards. I sawed through two pairs of boots the first season kicking my stock boards out, ever since I put the Better Boards in, I'm running the same pair. Can't say -vs- other brands, but they do the job and do it well. My tunnel and the boards have been holding up well..

betterboards_deep2.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
So whats the consensus on running boards? I've been checking into Better Boards, Snow Eliminators, and Mtn. Tuff Boards. They all seem pretty similar but I'd like to know if any are a little better than the others. I've heard that some may crack or tear after use. Is one more durable than the rest? Any others I should consider?

You should at least take a long hard look at the Skinz.
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=219242

Radically different solution to the Snow/Ice buildup problem.

Down

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Eastern IA
Thanks everyone for the input. After a few more searches on the subject I decided to go with WRP's Mtn. Tuff boards. Ordered them from Sled Solutions. Seems like a lot of people are thinking the new Skinz are the way to go. I guess I'll have to keep an eye on them and maybe in a year or two I'll have to make switch.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Better Boards have treated me great on two different sleds. We (family) have them on 4 sleds now, and have had them on 7 overall.

Premium Features