• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best pipe, weight loss, tuning?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Searching isn't really coming up with much.
Looking for weight loss options so considering a pipe with a diamond s can.
For high elevation!
Want something worth it without tuning problems and hopefully better power and weight loss.

What is you opinion.
19 freeride build

Last edited:

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Given the technicalness of the way you ride, I can’t see a freeride suiting your riding style.
How come u got a Doo?

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
HPS can works very very well. I rode my stock exhaust 165 Summit next to my 146 Freeride with HPS yesterday on the lake, the throttle response difference is huge. Yes, shorter lighter track, but not talking about on drive response. And this 146 FR is amazing. 90mph on trail, tailstanders for days......not going to be using it on deep days, but super fun lake/marginal snow/rip with Tater days....

T
Feb 8, 2010
Nelson, B.C.
The Jawz pipe is just a tad bit heavier than stock, however I see they are selling them without the clamshell now, does make noticable. I run the Jawz with the Diamond S Titanium can and really like the setup. I also run a TKI belt drive and have been very impressed with it. After that anything one does doesn't take much weight of however the hood mods out there make some big differences.
I run Rapters on front and a Kmod and both add weight however the increase in performance and handling out weigh any negatives. This year I changed my track from the stock 3" to a Conquer 280 which dropped 12 Lbs, I have about 200 miles on it and so far my overall experience has been positive, it is a softer track and doesn't trench as much, it does seem to panel out sooner, however it holds a sidehill better, and is more stable, some claim it's faster side to side but I haven't seen that.
all of this is on a 17 Summit X 850 154.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Given the technicalness of the way you ride, I can’t see a freeride suiting your riding style.
How come u got a Doo?

So I could chop the boards down, raise them, drop the skid, lose some weight, put an alpha track under it with a kmod (still not sure if going mono or twin rail)
So I can show some do guys what happens when you make the changes.
I'll do the narrow and weight loss first, that's going to be enough to baffle a few of them.
But it has a cut and studded track with 2.
86 pitch.
So might have to do the track at the same time. Just gotta test my cat first to see if I'm going to punch the track for a twin rail.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
HPS can works very very well. I rode my stock exhaust 165 Summit next to my 146 Freeride with HPS yesterday on the lake, the throttle response difference is huge. Yes, shorter lighter track, but not talking about on drive response. And this 146 FR is amazing. 90mph on trail, tailstanders for days......not going to be using it on deep days, but super fun lake/marginal snow/rip with Tater days....
Im running a diamond s can, question was about the pipe performance and if it weighs less?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
The Jawz pipe is just a tad bit heavier than stock, however I see they are selling them without the clamshell now, does make noticable. I run the Jawz with the Diamond S Titanium can and really like the setup. I also run a TKI belt drive and have been very impressed with it. After that anything one does doesn't take much weight of however the hood mods out there make some big differences.
I run Rapters on front and a Kmod and both add weight however the increase in performance and handling out weigh any negatives. This year I changed my track from the stock 3" to a Conquer 280 which dropped 12 Lbs, I have about 200 miles on it and so far my overall experience has been positive, it is a softer track and doesn't trench as much, it does seem to panel out sooner, however it holds a sidehill better, and is more stable, some claim it's faster side to side but I haven't seen that.
all of this is on a 17 Summit X 850 154.
I'll prob hold off on the pipe tell last, if I like the sled after I make the more important changes I'll look at adding it.
Do you run a timing key or fuel controller?
Thank you.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Im running a diamond s can, question was about the pipe performance and if it weighs less?
You mentioned you were “maybe” going to run “this pipe” and “that can”, indicating you weren’t sure on which can to run.

You also said you want to make more power- he’s saying the HPS may help you out there. You asked. Don’t be an azz.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
You mentioned you were “maybe” going to run “this pipe” and “that can”, indicating you weren’t sure on which can to run.

You also said you want to make more power- he’s saying the HPS may help you out there. You asked. Don’t be an azz.
Don't be a baby just because I clarified my statement to stay on topic.
I'm cool with his info but it's not relevant as it has nothing to do with the topic of the original title. I never once asked about a can.
Keep that in mind when you read my reply, there wasn't anything wrong with me replying with a straight forward response.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Jaws Pipe, stock can. It ran very well on my 19. Stock can has proven to make more HP when hot, and the jaws pipe like to be hot.
Getting it clutched right is super important.

Premium Features