• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BEST NON FOGGING GOGGLES IN REAL SNOW CONDITIONS

B

Bowfisher

Sep 16, 2011
American Falls ID
There's no such thing as NON FOGGING. I really like my 509 aviators and after putting there anti-fog fan in I haven't had them fog once. Before the fan on real bad days or heavy sweating they would fog up. I haven't had a chance to look at the new Klim's but there's mixed reviews on them as far as fogging.

B

Bowfisher

Sep 16, 2011
American Falls ID
Agreed, with enough heat and humidity anything will fog. The answer is..... if you're in better physical condition, you don't put off as much heat and humidity:sorry:

Enough with the stabs at us fat folks. Just joking but I agree with the shape and conditioning comment, kind of. I got a buddy who runs Ragnar's did track in college weighs in at maybe 135 and he sweats more than anyone I've ever seen. We can be doing the exact same thing and he will be sweating buckets and I'm barely breaking a sweat.

Sorry I'm getting this off topic.

B

bwylde

Mar 19, 2011
Vancouver Island
MONEY IS NO CONCERN ,NON FOGGING AND COMFORT IS, ANY RECOMMENDATIONS

If money don't matter, then like Bowfisher says, 509's with their battery powered defrost unit.( i've got the Sinister Black Ops with defroster) I'm big, fat, out of shape, and mine never fog up. As long as you don't mind the sound of a mosquito constantly buzzin around...lol

R
Mar 16, 2010
Never tried the 509s, I'm sure they're great, but the best I've found so far are Smith turbo fan OTG - "over the glass" goggles. I don't wear glasses, but larger volume between face and lens = easier to keep drier air inside. I suspect the 509s are similar, but the OTG part really does make a difference.

I'm a chronic goggle-fogger, it DOES get better when I'm in better shape, but fact of the matter is, I want to be able to see no matter what, and the Smith turbofan OTG are the best I've found.

Non-otg are significantly more prone to fogging, FWIW - I've tried pretty much all ski-industry goggles.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Are you pretty good at managing the inside of the goggles when you pull them off? I see a lot of guys that pull the goggles off and get snow in them then wonder why they are constantly fogging. If that is not the problem, then maybe the fan system is better.

D
Nov 11, 2008
Calgary
Best Antifog Goggles SMITH!

The best goggles I have found are the SMITH TURBO PHENOM's (The phenom is a medium large fit, there is a large/extra large fit as well for big faces) The TURBO part of the name is for the "fan" that you can turn on with a switch. I use them for cat-skiing/heli-skiing and alot of sledding. They work great.

K
Nov 26, 2007
cascadia
Scott Heli OTG. I have been wearing these for 15+years up in the Cascades. No fan needed. I shovel with them on, no fog ever. Not stylish or all blinged out with a bunch of crap. But cheap and work good.

M

milo303

Sep 16, 2011
Littleton
Klim Radius blows everything away that I've used...

I'm going to toss my 509 fan into my klim radius for that added umph, but so far I havn't been able to get them to fog and stay fogged...

The fan will suck real moisture out is my thoughts, because a fan isn't needed for fog itself

X
Oct 4, 2010
Mad Town,WI
Best goggles I have had are the Smith OTG Snow Option.
I wear those with the No-Fog mask. I normally wear contacts, so I haven't tried it my glasses yet.
I haven't had them fog yet.

P
Apr 8, 2009
Bend OR
I've got the klim polarized radius goggles (with the klim helmet if that makes any difference) and I've wore them in every kind of conditions. The inside of the lenses have never fogged, even when the inside of the goggles is full of snow. However when I first got them the outside of the lenses seemed to fog worse than any goggles I've ever seen. But now, for whatever reason they don't fog at all inside or out. I think there is like a residue or something on the goggles when they're new.

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
I believe it has alot to do on how they fit your helmet and your face. But i will say the klim goggles do work. Yes they will still fog, but it seems they will also unfog alot better then most too. I havent tried the aviators yet but i have a set pair coming. Klims are my number #1 goggle atm

Premium Features