• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Lightweight Soft upper Body Armour

MDEVO

Chic Chocs Addicts
Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2011
Oshawa, ON,Canada
Looking for reviews of soft body armour. Currently have a Klim TekVest, but want something less bulky with elbow protection, and moisture wicking....
Alpinstars Sequence/Klim Tactical jersey....etc
Any suggestions?
E57C1749-C45B-423F-A464-BD150D25974E.png

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Demon Hyper X D3O Top V2

Been using it for years - love it.

Much less bulky than a tex vest.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
I'm happy with this , no forearm protection but I wear the Klim Latitude jacket . the forearms are leather , pulled the D3 out of the back and forearms since I wear the vest and the leather forearms does a good job removing branches without pads .

The vest is far better than what's been used I think since it moves with me .

icon-stryker-vest.jpg

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
Hmm Leatt body armor pretty much saved my life ...when a cow tackled me and stomped on me .
But light weight and not restrictive ,....nope .

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
Looking for reviews of soft body armour. Currently have a Klim TekVest, but want something less bulky with elbow protection, and moisture wicking....
Alpinstars Sequence/Klim Tactical jersey....etc
Any suggestions?
View attachment 339630

up until this season, i ran the tekvest trail pro with the solid chest plate. after getting back into dirt bikes, trail riding, i switched to the soft armor similar to your alpinestars example. the one i went with was the ktm soft armor. https://www.ktm-parts.com/3PW20001250X.html

it is lighter, has shoulder and elbow protection, as well as rib pads.

other than missing the tekvest pockets for wallet/phone, i was very happy with my switch. Ski

Premium Features