• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best High Compression Head for 2014 Proclimb

T
Nov 20, 2013
Any suggestions on high compression heads? I typically ride 8-10,000 ft. Currently stock 2014 proclimb 800 162 le. Looking for some added hp that is reliable without a ton of tuning.

Thanks!

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
I have nothing to compare to but my RKT never skipped a beat with the high compression domes... Low compression domes are treating me the same, RKT makes a great product.

High Life

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW Montana
gains?

I realize the non-H.O. 800 motor benefits more from a head than this engine does, but are there still noticable gains (better cooling, better throttle response, added HP) by running a high compression head? Isn't the stock head considered "high compression" to some degree, hence the min 91 octane fuel requirement?

I loved the RKT head I had on my old M7. It made a huge difference. I'm just not sure if its worth the coin if it doesn't make a big improvement. Obviously, the higher the altitude you are running, the larger the gains could be with running a hi-comp head but unless a guy is always riding at 10,000 feet, I'm not sure its worth it. I also haven't ran a high compression head on this engine either, so maybe there's more to it.

Those of you that are running RKT's head, how big of a difference in performance can you contribute to the head alone?

A

ArcticJunkie

Mar 16, 2009
Nashwauk, MN
The only sled I ran stock on was my 12HCR but then when I did put the head on I also put MDS weights in and also geared it down. So its hard to say what made the biggest difference but it was alot better sled after I did that... Now I just swap everything over to my new sled when I get it.

J

jbunce

Dec 12, 2010
squamish BC
Cory Miku sent me a kit from bikeman that ran awesome for my 2010 m8. I miss that thing pulled hard with the dalton adjustable weights.

Premium Features