• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best aftermarket ski's???

K
Nov 5, 2008
Central Utah
I have experience with the stock ski's and C&A deep snow ski's and they worked awesome in powder and I absolutely hated them on hard pack! (I am not that big of a woosie and I could barely turn the ski's! Do not want to deal with that ever again!)

I am building a Ski Doo Xp this summer and want to put the ultimate ski's on it and I am not sure where to go. I ride in the west so we boondock, side hill, shoot hills, and have to ride the trails to and from the mtn.

Slydogs, SLP, Simmons, Ds2's, C&A, Polars pro Ski's????

HELP?

Thanks in advance fellas!

M
Jul 12, 2010
Adrian,OR
skis

I got a 2011 m8 snopro and love the gen3s best ski i have ever owned! Awsome boondockers, and sidehillin skis ride some trail to the hills and they hug and turn awsome commin off slp powder pros and wont look back good luck!!

Cooksend

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
USI X2 Triple Threats! Amazing ski that is fully tunable to your liking. Also has a narrow cut tail to help initiate sidehills!

caproskis

Premium Member
Oct 2, 2009
Hutchinson, MN
www.caproskis.com
I have experience with the stock ski's and C&A deep snow ski's and they worked awesome in powder and I absolutely hated them on hard pack! (I am not that big of a woosie and I could barely turn the ski's! Do not want to deal with that ever again!)

I am building a Ski Doo Xp this summer and want to put the ultimate ski's on it and I am not sure where to go. I ride in the west so we boondock, side hill, shoot hills, and have to ride the trails to and from the mtn.

HELP?

I am assuming you had a pair of our XTs which can be more difficult to steer in hard pack. We did come out with the BX skis this year which are specifically designed for boondocking/sidehilling and they keep the same width as the XTs so you will still have the great floatation in powder.

Informational video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNBOQD1t9aI

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007

HELP?

Grippers work great ,However the new SLP Mohawk is getting great reports

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I've never tried the Grippers, but my vote goes to Mohawks, best ski I've ever had.

I have both ,grippers have VERY easy steering, softer flex by good margin , Easy ski to use, Less aggressive than Mohawks. Mohawks bottom turn a bit better since narrower shovel digs in well,Mohawks have more arm pressure due to deep keel, Both great skis with different feel.

Premium Features