• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best 129" (Track not kit)

M
Jan 14, 2004
When they say Camso, they are referring to the 2019 Yeti track with 10.5 " rail spacing

Not sure what you mean by 10.5 inch rail spacing, its either 8 or 5.5. did you mean the 10.5" SS track because no they are referring to the 12.5" track on the 129 Camso DTS kit, these guys are my buddies, we've switched back and forth on bikes and kits numerous times and the 129 Camso track shines almost every time. Sorry TS guys but the Camso track out performs the 2.5" TS track in every case. For all intents and purposes the new Camso style Yeti track is the same track as the DTS gets its just punched and clipped differently, they also modify the corner of the paddle slightly to clear the carbon fibre tunnel on the Yeti. Camso changed the durometer on the DTS track in 2018 and again slightly in 2020. So short answer for deep light snow its the Camso or new Camso/Yeti track over the CMX. For harder snow and side hilling the CMX works well but it is heavy and wont climb with a Camso/Yeti track equipped bike, the CMX drags the bike down too much. Cant comment on the TS 3.0 inch as I haven't tried it yet but I'd like to. It kind of depends on what type of snow conditions you have where you ride.

F
Nov 2, 2017
i have also completed the Camso switch on my "19 SX TS kit, the only place the TS track out performs is in the tight turns on the trail heading in. The Camso track will spin out if the bike is laid over at all.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Not sure what you mean by 10.5 inch rail spacing, its either 8 or 5.5. did you mean the 10.5" SS track because no they are referring to the 12.5" track on the 129 Camso DTS kit, these guys are my buddies, we've switched back and forth on bikes and kits numerous times and the 129 Camso track shines almost every time. Sorry TS guys but the Camso track out performs the 2.5" TS track in every case. For all intents and purposes the new Camso style Yeti track is the same track as the DTS gets its just punched and clipped differently, they also modify the corner of the paddle slightly to clear the carbon fibre tunnel on the Yeti. Camso changed the durometer on the DTS track in 2018 and again slightly in 2020. So short answer for deep light snow its the Camso or new Camso/Yeti track over the CMX. For harder snow and side hilling the CMX works well but it is heavy and wont climb with a Camso/Yeti track equipped bike, the CMX drags the bike down too much. Cant comment on the TS 3.0 inch as I haven't tried it yet but I'd like to. It kind of depends on what type of snow conditions you have where you ride.
One correction the Camso and Yeti track are different in flex , Quite different. They may look like the same paddles except for clips but the flex/durometer is not the same .have 18 and 19 camso kits and 18 -19-2020 Yeti,s in shop and the Camso,s all have have a permanent bend in all the paddles where the Yeti does not. Although I dont have the Camso 2020 track.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I've got over 100 days on Camso kits and the paddles are not bent over in the least, not sure where you are getting that from.
Both these we custom built for HMK snowmobile and were at the snow shows, The Camso paddle can be pushed 90 degrees with just ewer thumb, Very soft bendy paddle, The yeti will not bend even half as far . Not sure what year track ewe have?

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Track speed is really a big part of the picture. One of the fastest snowbikes on the snow is the Yeti SS.The rear of kit weighs 87lbs. The 129 SS spins that track at 32 mph from a stop , We geared it high and thats what 1 st gear pulls at rev limiter, With this gearing we have a true 5 th overdrive gear. The total footprint is smaller than a T sled 120 kit yet it screams up climbs usually in 2nd or 3 rd. Rotational mass is minimal ,The Yeti track flex could not be better IMO . I just built a 137SS for the deep days.This 129SS narrow track is 27.5 lbs and very flexible.the 137 SS track is 29lbs. the 129 SS destroys my 129 CMX kit with same 2019 sx 450 .As M5 said the CMX track weight struggles to pull the same RPM as the Yeti track.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I've got over 100 days on Camso kits and the paddles are not bent over in the least, not sure where you are getting that from.
Anyone who says they put the Camso track on their kit is mistaken. The Camso track is center punched down the middle for center drivers and only fits the Camso Kit, and it has a super soft paddle design, Unless ewe run a Camso kit then ewe and your buddies have the Yeti track and is why its not permanent bent. they look similar but are not the same track.

A
Nov 14, 2017
Anyone who says they put the Camso track on their kit is mistaken. The Camso track is center punched down the middle for center drivers and only fits the Camso Kit, and it has a super soft paddle design, Unless ewe run a Camso kit then ewe and your buddies have the Yeti track and is why its not permanent bent. they look similar but are not the same track.

My buddy has a Camso track on his Timbersled 2019 Aro 120SX. He windowed the sides and put in clips to run on the rails and cut it down to fit the SX kit width on a table saw. It works great.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
My buddy has a Camso track on his Timbersled 2019 Aro 120SX. He windowed the sides and put in clips to run on the rails and cut it down to fit the SX kit width on a table saw. It works great.
Ewe can cut windows down both sides and install clips , and alter it and remove all the center clips, Its not a bolt on track and its still a softer paddle which is nothing like the Yeti track.

F
Nov 2, 2017
Ewe can cut windows down both sides and install clips , and alter it and remove all the center clips, Its not a bolt on track and its still a softer paddle which is nothing like the Yeti track.
huh thats weird, never said it was bolt on or compared it to a Yedi just gave info on how it worked to educate someone asking, just trying to help out

Premium Features