• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Before you accept delivery of your new sled, Some things to check.

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
I don't have a ton of faith that they will go through mine with a fine tooth come. I am sure they uncrate it, bolt the the stuff on, check a couple of obvious things, add premix and start it. I could be wrong though. They will probably have to raise their price on my next year with these expectations. LOL.

Pol600

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
It's been awhile since I've bought a new sled--so don't laugh at this question: does Polaris provide/include clutch weights/primary spring (if applicable) for altitude riding at delivery? In 2002, we received weights (10-58's) for our 700RMK, along with the stock ones (10-64's or 10-62's)

thanks

D
Oct 13, 2008
It's been awhile since I've bought a new sled--so don't laugh at this question: does Polaris provide/include clutch weights/primary spring (if applicable) for altitude riding at delivery? In 2002, we received weights (10-58's) for our 700RMK, along with the stock ones (10-64's or 10-62's)

thanks

They will set it up for the altitude of the riding near to the dealership.If you plan on riding elsewhere you will need to reclutch it yourself. This is the case with most dealers anyways. They will change it for you, but there may be some charges.

OnlyPolaris

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada
on the rmk's polaris provides 10-62 weights for higher alltitdues. It is up to you to buy weights for lower elevations. Some dealer will supply them for you. The clutch springs are the same for all alltitudes.

jdtech65

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2008
Northwest IA
on the rmk's polaris provides 10-62 weights for higher alltitdues. It is up to you to buy weights for lower elevations. Some dealer will supply them for you. The clutch springs are the same for all alltitudes.

Actually there are two options for the Driven spring. Black spring for 0-8000 i believe and a Black/Purple for 8000 and above.

My dealer threw in a set of weights for 0-2000 in the deal for my little bit of riding I do back in Iowa, in addition to the wieghts for 6-8000 that the sled came with.

90% of my riding is above 8000 out West so I plan on installing the Black/purple secondary spring and just leaving it in the for 10% of my riding that I do here in Iowa.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
This is also a good list for the 2013's as well.

Good Idea to go through them with a fine tooth comb.

Any ideas as far as fuel additives go? I am thinking along the lines as getting water in the fuel, summer gas, etc.
Another thing is to DEMAND is your Polarstar Protection Agreement if you purchased it.....(ESC):light:
There are a lot of loop holes in there.:face-icon-small-fro

capnkirk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2010
Appleton, WI
i would also look some of these things over when picking up your sled from pre season service as well. I last year had the service done by the shop i purchased from, and found the airbox not properly fastened, the oil canister leaking as it wasn't properly tightened, and the sled covered in mud in the tunnel and up into the engine compartment. I think due to them test running it on the lawn, which i dont mind, just wash it when you're done.

I have "VERY little faith in ANY dealer anymore"!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Bump....These things, and some more, that I hope others will chime in here with, are important items to make sure are right on your new purchase... hopefully before you pick it up. But if not... check them now and have any issues addressed by the dealer.

F

fullboredragon

Mar 24, 2009
My 15 RMK 163" snow check special came with two hi/lo beam switches, one runs the hand warmers... My dealer ordered a new switch but apparently they are back ordered. So I guess I don't have the option to shut off my hand warmers just hi and low "beam"

Premium Features