• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

bearclawbob cooke city

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
The season is starting. We have about 3 feet on the mountain. The snowman is calling for a 70% chance for Sunday. We could see a couple of inches. I'll post Sunday and let you know if we get some white stuff. Hope everyone had a great summer, we did here at bearclaw.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Well I"m back home and since my last post, we've picked up about 3-4 inches. The snowman is calling for snow for Sat. , Sun, Tue. and Wed. It's at a 40% chance for those days. We need to pick up the snowdance.
The mountain has about 3 feet of snow. It's turning into a start of a great base.
Today is a great day if you need to put miles on your sled. It's partly cloudy, but stay on the roads, I'm sure that things aren't covered and I would hate to see anyone damage a sled this early in the season.

When booking reservations at the Super 8 remember to mention SNOWEST discount. It will save you $$$$$$.

We still fill avy bottles and we rent and sell avy equipment

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
we had 8 sleds go up the road to ride. We have a couple of guys staying at the motel that's been riding now for 3 days.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
The snowman kinda came through. He left us about 2 more inches overnight. Some one forgot to help us dance last night. Let's keep up the snow dance. He's still calling for snow for a couple more days.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Morning from Bearclaw and the Super 8.
Looked out side early morning and I couldn't see across the street. By the time that storm was over we had a trace. But the snowman is still calling for snow today with a 70% chance.
This time they are calling for us to get snow, not Red Lodge.
DANCE DANCE DANCE keep up the good work.
No report tomorrow.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Evening to everyone. A quick update is that we picked up about 2-3 inches Sunday and the snowman has increased the percentage to 60% on Wed. and Thursday. Help me with the snow dance.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Wednesday morning, we picked up a trace of snow over night. The snowman is still saying we will see a couple of more inches before the storm moves out. Just keep dancing. we all would like a couple of feet to fall on us before Thanksgiving.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
What a disappointing evening. The only thing we got was temp's near Zero. We will see sun for the next 3 days. But the snowman has given us hope. From Sunday to Wednesday we can see another front going through. Keep up the dancing.
If you are needing a room at the Super 8. Don't forget to mention the snowest discount. If you don't let them know when booking, you won't be able to get it later. this will save you $$$$.
We are still filling air tanks for your avalanche bags. We are renting/ selling avalanche bags along with other avalanche items.
I'll keep you advised when the bakery will be opening. ?

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Well yesterday wasn't any different then the day before. Cold and sunny. Today it's warmed up. It's 25 above with wind. The power has tried to go out several time.
The snowman is still calling for snow from Sunday to Thursday and the percentage has went up. Keep DANCING.
We have a few in this morning riding. I hope they can hear me say,,,, don't hit anything.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
HAPPY THANKSGIVING. Hope every one got stuffed like the turkey was. LOL Today's update is ,,,, It's snowing. The snowman is calling for several inches by tonight. We've picked up about 3 inches since 5 am. We could see another 3-5 inches by Saturday. Keep up the snow dance. The storms seem to be going around us again.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
HAPPY THANKSGIVING. Hope every one got stuffed like the turkey was. LOL Today's update is ,,,, It's snowing. The snowman is calling for several inches by tonight. We've picked up about 3 inches since 5 am. We could see another 3-5 inches by Saturday. Keep up the snow dance. The storms seem to be going around us again.
thats what we want to hear!!!

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I've had a few calls today if I still let sled work in the garage and keep sleds over night. Yes i'm still doing that. You can also borrow tools if you need them.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
The snow dance is working. The snowman is calling for about 8 inches today before the storm moves out on Sunday. At this time we have lite snow and the winds are out of the east at 10-15 mph.

The bakery will be open for Saturday and Sunday with a limited menu. Stop in and see us.

We do sell Montana and Wyoming sled permits. Stop in and get yours.

Was out plowing this morning and I would say we have about 18 sleds in town riding.

Premium Features