• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bearclaw Bob's

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Afternoon from snowy Cooke City. I got home late last night and woke to find another 15 inches of fresh powder in town.

The motel is full and everyone is saying the snow is great. Don't forget to mention if you book rooms with us, to let them know you want the snowest discount when you are making your reservation. It will save you about $25 dollars.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
clear blue skies

It was a great day to ride. The temp's reached the upper 30's with a low this morning at 6 above.

Guys still found up to 2 feet of powder to play in and not to many replaced parts on sleds. The snowman is calling for more snow to move in by Thursday thru Sunday. Time will tell.
Have a great week.

Yaeger34

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2015
St cloud mn
Snow wasn't too shabby. I must say going this early in the year I never realized how much water is in those creeks and drainages I play in :face-icon-small-con

picture.php

picture.php

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
More snow to come

The snowman is at this time calling for 3-5 inches by tonight and clearing off for Wed. Today the temp's will rise to the lower 30's and for over night in the lower teen's.

NO REPORTS YET ON AVALANCHE CONDITIONS. JUST KEEP ALERT. The avalanche center will be up next Tuesday and Wednesday to check things out and give a report.

The bakery and I will be open for the weekend.

Just a reminder when booking at the Super 8, you must at the time you make your reservation, let them know you would like the snowest discount or you won't get it.

I'm letting guys work on their sleds again this year and you can store them over night in a heated shop.
We do sell WYOMING and MONTANA snowmobile permits. Stop in and pick them up.

I also have avy packs, beacons, probes and shovels to rent or buy.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
crisp clear morning

Woke up to only a couple of inches, but it better then nothing. We have a crisp clear morning and the temp is 14. We have another chance of snow for Thursday at 80% and temp's in the mid 30's and low's in the mid teen's.

To let everyone know the avalanche class will start around Christmas of this year. If you never have gone, you should. They are free and they will be on Friday nights.

The bakery will be open this weekend. :):face-icon-small-sho

I will be renting sleds again this year. They will be ski doo's and Arctic cat. Yes we do work on them also.

Yaeger34

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2015
St cloud mn
Yaeger34 - take that warning sticker off where your knee rests; Will drop some weight and gain some horsepower.

Hahaha good one. Actually it is off, got my sled wrap on now. Hopefully I won't notice the weight gain from the wrap.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Rain/snow

Well we are getting rain since this morning. We could have picked up 4-5 inches if it would have been colder.
The snowman has called for a winter storm warning from 3pm tonight till 5pm Friday. We could see up to another 10 inches before the storm leaves us.

The AVALANCHE REPORT WILL START NOV. 24TH.

The bakery and I will be open tomorrow morning. We will have a limited dinner meal starting tomorrow night. Stop in and see what Terri has fixed.

I'll be picking up rental sleds Tuesday. The way the snow is going, I'll start renting Thanksgiving.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Overcast

Morning from this sleepy little town of Cooke city.
The snowman let me down this morning, we picked up a trace of snow. We still are in a winter storm warning until 5pm tonight. The temp's will be in the uppper 20's and low's tonight will be in the lower teen's.

Went up to a house above the cut a cross to work on a boiler and found that the higher I got on the mountain the more powder I found. It was about 5 inches at 5 pm last night.

We are open and doing well. Would like to thank those who have came in to eat or pick something up.

The garage is open for you to work on your sleds or store them over night.
We do carry parts for Arctic cat and Skidoo and we also work on sleds.

If your in need of a nonresident permits we have them all.

Have a great weekend.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Rode today. The base is as good as ive seen anywhere this early in the year. There is decent snow, not epic, but certainly not a dissapointment. I would say its go time in cooke from here on out.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Epic day

The snowman gave us a couple of inches in town, but the mountain received at least a foot over this last storm.
We will see upper teen's and in the single digits tonight with sunny skies.
Fisher Creek Sno Tel now shows 55". This time last year we had 22".

Avalanche conditions: The storm that ended yesterday morning left 1-2 feet of dense snow in the mountains around Cooke City. This new snow was equal to 1.5 to 2” of SWE (snow water equivalent) and was accompanied by strong west to southwest winds. This rapid, heavy load created very unstable conditions. Snowmobilers near Cooke City witnessed a natural avalanche on the east side of Mt. Abundance that covered their tracks from earlier in the day. Strong wind last night continued to load slopes, and today avalanches will remain easy to trigger or could run naturally. Carefully evaluate terrain and avoid traveling on or underneath large, steep slopes.

For beings Terri's first night for dinner, she did very well. So come in and try some of her home cook meals.

I've got my Snow Pulse HIGH MARK Avy packs in. I've got the reg. pack and also the NEW vest in stock. Come check them out.

We are working on sleds again this year or you can work on your own in a warm shop. Stop in and check it out.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
dance,dance,dance

Morning from Bearclaw/Bakery and the Super 8.

The snowman is calling for partly sunny skies today changing tomorrow morning with a 80% chance of 3 inches in town. The temp's will be in the lower 30's and mid 20's at night. For Tuesday we could see snow, but the snowman is unsure. Like last year I asked for help with the snow dance, so at this time lets start dancing.
We've started a great season so lets keep it up and brake the curse we've had for several years. The fisher snotel has dropped 2 inches to 53 inches. The mountain has started getting a great base.
I'll be in town tomorrow and won't be able to get a report out until I get home.

The bakery has out did her self. The dinners are awesome. We would like to thank all that has come in and had breakfast and dinners.

AVALANCHE CONDITIONS: The report has not changed since yesterday. Just watch the slopes, they could slide.

The garage has been busy with guys working and storing their sled in it. I Thanks you.
Have a great week and hope to see you after Thanksgiving.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Keep dancing

Morning from Cooke City. Woke up to 4-5 inches of fresh powder in town. Thanks for helping me with the snow dance. Lets keep it up for today.
The snowman is calling for partly cloudy skies today. We move back into a chance of snow tomorrow. But the temp's are going to raise to lower 40's. YUCK!!!

AVALANCHE CONDITION: No new updates for our area. Just watch the slopes.

To let everyone know we are doing dinners at the bakery. At this time,they will be on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights until it starts getting busy.

I'll have my BCA Radio's here tomorrow. Stop in and pick up a couple for gifts or other things.

snosfun

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
N of Great Falls, MT
Was pretty good out there for this early. Flat light and snowing hard later in the day, was hard to see and get good pictures but we had a great time.
ce7a84c7691b453d5063f670514a5916.jpg
6f65d91fa99f3a5a825a1af9ee940ad6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Evening

Evening from Bearclaw/ Bakery and the Super 8 motel. We had drizzle most of the day. The roads got soupy , but the riding has been good. Been out plowing for the snow we picked up yesterday and last night. It's added about 7 inches from the storm.

The snowman is calling for lower 40's on Thanksgiving. The a 50% chance of snow on Friday.
The base is great, best its been for years at this time. Good news, Doug from the Avalanche center was up for two days and found stable snowpack. But don't stop looking and watching for poor conditions.

The first AVALANCHE CLASS will start Nov. 24 at the Super 8 motel. Its from 6pm-7:30pm and its FREE.

Avalanche conditions: The main avalanche concern today is fresh drifts formed by recent snow and wind. On wind loaded slopes it will be possible to trigger an avalanche. Fresh drifts of snow could be triggered by skiers, climbers, or snowmobilers. Avoid these drifts that are likely found near ridge lines or along the steep edges of gullies. A small slide can be harmful in the wrong terrain, and it is possible for a slide to break deeper into old snow.

Throughout our advisory area the mountains have 3-5 feet of snow with 6 feet near Cooke City. Heavy, dense snowfall since mid-September was accompanied by relatively warm temperatures to promote a generally stable snowpack with a lack of widespread weak layers. Doug and Eric are in Cooke City where they checked many slopes yesterday and found a deep, stable snowpack. Eric was in Beehive last weekend and was cautiously optimistic about stability. These are a few data points within a large advisory area, and stability can change over a short distance. Before committing to ride in avalanche terrain, dig to assess the snowpack on slopes similar to those you plan to ride for the day.

Rain and above freezing temperatures are bad for stability, and are unusual weather for late November when there is already 3-5 feet of snow on the ground. Unusual weather creates unusual avalanches. If you get out to earn your turkey for Thanksgiving, be ready to adjust your plan to unexpected or changing conditions. Avoid avalanche terrain if there is more than a few inches of unconsolidated, wet snow on the surface, or if you see loose avalanches or pinwheels.

The bakery will be open for breakfast in the morning, but no dinner for Thanksgiving. The Dinner's will start on Friday night. We'll see you for Breakfast. Have a safe drive in.

Last edited:

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Warm

HAPPY THANKSGIVING from Bearclaw / Bakery and the Super 8 motel.

Woke up to warmer temp's. This morning they started at 40 degrees and at this time they are 42 degrees. The snowman is calling for partly cloudy skies today and a 50% chance of snow for Friday. Then we'll see partly cloudy skies for Saturday, Sunday and a 70% chance of snow for Monday. Keep up the snowdance.

AVALANCHE CONDITIONS: NO update for today.

The bakery was really busy and don't forget tomorrow night super will be served. Stop in and get some great down to earth homemade cooking.
If your wondering the streets in the morning, come in and get a free cup of coffee.

I sold over 50 Montana and Wyoming permits today.

I do fill AVY bottles and sell Avalanche packs. Stop in and get the best price in town.

The garage is open to work or store your sleds over night.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Rain/snow

A early morning from Bearclaw / Bakery and the Super 8 motel. Woke up to find light rain. At least the wind went down, it blew all night with gusts up to 50 mph. Thought the power would go out, but it didn't.

The snowman is calling for a 40% chance of snow/ rain this morning with the temp's in the mid to upper 30's. We will see temp's till Monday at upper 30's and a 70% chance. For Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, we can see temp's starting to drop to the mid to lower 20's. HURRY With partly cloudy skies. The snowman isn't calling for a chance of snow until Sunday.

AVALANCHE CONDITION: No new update from the Center. Just watch the wind loaded slopes.

I'm hoping everyone had a great Thanksgiving, we did.

The bakery will now have Supper (dinner) tonight and Saturday night. Come in and check out the great home made meals.

We now have BCA radio's in, check them out. give them as a gift. We will ship out any thing I have for Christmas.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Free

Forgot to mention about the Avalanche class tonight. Its free. Time is 6pm till 7:30 pm.

Premium Features