• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Be careful what you ask for, w8tn4u!!!

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
Some of you may remember a "controversial" thread about a year ago posted by w8tn4u: http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73584 . We took him up on the offer and have been on some great rides with him since then. Great people and cool riding areas!! :beer;

Well, w8tn4u finally got his real wish yesterday, as Fordman and Graveler joined us for an "agressive mid week ride".

Day started out normal enough...8 riders we quickly weeded out to 5, as 2 of the M1000's had mechanical issues. With the herd thinned, w8tn4u led us into the lesser travelled areas. Now the fun begins!!

Drop into a bowl and on the way down, I start a "slough slide" that grew into a pretty decent rubble pile by the time it stopped a couple hundred feet down...nice little warning sign. Ripped up this bowl for an hr or so and now we need to get out. w8tn4u tries a couple of times to sidehill above the rubble and into the clear and just cant get enough steam, so Fordman rips up THROUGH the rubble and gets some momentum and sidehills out the top. w8tn4u tries to duplicate the line and gets stuck in the fresh...not a good omen of things to come!!

We all gather at the top and w8tn4u decides to head deeper into the trees. We get to a little lake and the line out is a little chute through the trees. Fordman a Graveler bang at it a few times until Fordman gets stuck (I think I saw w8tn4u crack a little smirk!!). Since this line is now all rutted up from the Cat attack, we head deeper to an area called the "toilet bowl" cause if you dont make it you're flushed (not making it up is not an option)...of course, before dropping in, w8tn4u simply told us this was the way to the "trail". Steep sidehill through the trees...2, maybe 3 lines max. So w8tn4u goes rippin' up and....you guessed it gets stuck. Fordman follows and sidehills above w8tn4u and makes it out. w8tn4u gets unstuck and he goes about 50ft and.....you guessed it, stuck again (along with some pretty graphic language...lol). Vinnee's turn, follows w8tn4u and gets stuck behind him. Graveler gets stuck heading into no mans land, and then takes a different line and makes it (sweet move around a tree and up and over). Since i'm riding b!tch, I get to witness all of this!! w8tn4u walks back and helps Vinnee get unstuck so he comes back down and regroups and follows Gravelers line. While this is going on, w8tn4u gets unstuck and heads to where graveler hit the top and....you guessed it, stuck again (the language at this point hurt my ears!!). Not to be forgotten in all of this, we can hear Fordman and graveler ripping it up above us. They would check in on the radio occasionally and ask if we were "making a career" out of that ravine!! lmao!! So w8tn4u finally gets himself to the top, Vinnee gets himself over, so that just leaves me...you can imagine the rutted up hillside after the circus act just witnessed...with what can only be described as a "heroic" effort, and with Fordman's enthusiastic encouragement "quit riding like a chick" (sorry baby, his words, not mine :D ) after ONLY 5 stucks, and I make it to the top. WHAT A CLUSTERFUK!!! The funny thing is I never saw a camera come out once???? I guess my stucks got so routine they weren't pic worthy!! :eek: :D :beer;

So now we're in the clear, heading in the direction of "out". Vinnee and I are bringing up the rear and we see w8tn4u go ripping up into the trees again, followed closely by Fordman and Graveler (guess he needed one more shot at "schooling the kids") but after about 10 min, they all came back out in one piece...maybe next time, w8tn4u!!! :D :beer;

Seriously, thanks for a great day of riding, w8tn4u and Vinnee!! Always an adventure with you, and I wouldn't have missed one stuck minute of it.

Fordman and Graveler, for 2 gay lovers you guys rip it up pretty good (not sure where you kept dissapearing off to). :eek: I was flattered when you were BOTH on your knees in front of me...but sorry, I just dont swing that way!! :D :beer;

Seriously, these guys LOVE to ride, and can MORE than hold their own in any situation.

Another great day with great peeps.

Last edited:
C

closed

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 15, 2008
Lake Stevens Wa.
Lol

I could have sworne that I heard a pigeon yesterday, it sounded something like W8TN4WhoWho, W8TN4WhoWho and then the distinct sound of flapping pigeon wings BuzzzzzCrapCrap, BuzzBuzzzCrapCrap. But unlike previous times, this was no homeing pigeon... Oh no! This pigeon was one of those pizzed off red Dragon Pigeons, stuck down in a big bowl with no where out but UUUUUP! Until his good buddy came down, opened the door and showed him the way to safety.:D

And if that wasn't enough, W8TN4WhoWho decides to Copy, Paste and Repeat the agony in the next hell hole to the East! Only to simply confirm what we witnessed just moments prior:p Now it's an all-out stuck fest as Graveler and Fordman try to appologize from the top of the hill for their superior skills:cool:

All in all, a good day in School.......I mean, on the mountain...:confused:

Last edited:

blindman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
yep

to all that Brent said......

yep
yep
yep

LMAO

too bad that after every fordy gravy post the theme to "batman" would play on here

da da da da da da fordman,,,,,,da da da da da da gravman....

the dynamic ORANGE caped snowmo.. superheros!!!!!

good job guys!!!!!

Last edited:
C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
Now that I'm done LMFAO.... I call BS........ NO PICS! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad: I had to work (yeah, it's true!) and it was sunny and you guys go on this grand adventure (or so you say) and no pics.......

I say again........ GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :p

Btw... wtn4whowho is about the funniest danmdest thing I've read in a while!!!!!!

C

closed

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 15, 2008
Lake Stevens Wa.
Did someone say photo?

Now that I'm done LMFAO.... I call BS........ NO PICS! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad:

Btw... wtn4whowho is about the funniest danmdest thing I've read in a while!!!!!!

Ok, I did get one dynamic picture of team Arctic Cat!

Look at the problem solving skills on their faces:confused:

IMG00097-3.jpg

F
Jan 23, 2002
on another site
My goodness... the amount of PM's asking me for the whole story of the ride has been pretty steady...

Things I learned on the ride.....

Roger is right about a great area to ride.

If you like tree riding and some rather interesting routes to the next area.. this is as good a spot as any.

Parking would be bad in the winter...

Enclosed trailers would not work

I still don't like M1000's.... why do they always melt down??

F-15's buzzing above and below you is always cool

F-15's that fly below you will cause an avalanche

That avalanche was cool to watch.

Brent's Nytro is loud

Nytro's dig the deepest trench any sled has ever seen

Stevens006.jpg

I'm not kidding... that is a deep a$$ trench.

You can tell Brent "stop being a woman" and he doesn't get mad at you

Funniest quote of the day had to go to Brent.... after being stuck for a while trying to get through a treed out hillclimb section he says " I don't really like hill climbing".

Brent's Nytro is loud

8 people on a tree ride through the mountains is a bit much

Graveler is still a poser....

Stevens007.jpg

Roger wasn't kidding about untracked areas.....

Stevens008.jpg

Brent Nytro is heavy when it get's stuck...

Stevens001.jpg

What is nice is that he doesn't just stand there and wait for everyone to come help him... He's on it right away....

Stevens003.jpg

Stevens004.jpg

Over all it was a great day in the warm sun on a Thursday....

I only took 8 pictures!! I know I know.... not my usual tactic....

I just wasn't around when most of the stucks took place....

Thanks Roger, I had a great time.

Brent's sled is loud.

C

closed

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 15, 2008
Lake Stevens Wa.
You guys sure stuck around Brent allot! Hmmm?:eek:

The F-15's were the highlight of the day!! ?????? Well, I take that back, watching/Listening to Roger was the highlight of the day....:D

Had a great time riding with you guys, glad you were able to show.

S
Oct 21, 2004
Puyallup, WA
Fordman and Graveler, for 2 gay lovers you guys rip it up pretty good (not sure where you kept dissapearing off to). :eek: I was flattered when you were BOTH on your knees in front of me...but sorry, I just dont swing that way!! :D :beer;

Seriously, these guys LOVE to ride, and can MORE than hold their own in any situation.

Another great day with great peeps.

Brent, watch it...All the positive statements and they will have no choice but to counter with lots of negative postings to keep up their negative online persona's:eek:

Besides, Sapling already has the PR job clinched, he even takes positive looking pictures;)

Great story telling, sounds like a great time!
Where did you guys ride?
Sounds like the snow was challenging enough for this time of year??

Premium Features