BCA vs Baofeng bf-888s

Ron Burgandy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2012
I bought those programmed Baeofangs on Facebook. Came from Idaho Falls?
Anyway, I have no idea what I'm doing with them.

I need a list of the talkabout channel programs. Lol
is there a model number on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
i started using the the BF-F8HP when they first came out with waterproof mic and upgraded antenna. they worked so well i started programming them and selling them. they put out 8 watts and with my setup i get 2-4 mile range in the bush and over 20 miles between high points clear line of sight. been using them for 3 years now no problems.

also the functionality of vhf and being able to call in your mile markers on active logging roads to staging areas is nice.

Mn_Mtn_Cat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2008
Wadena, MN
My wife gave me 2 UV-82HP's for Christmas with the PC03 programing cable. I am looking for some help programing them so I can talk to the others with BCA radios.
In Chirp, what radio do i pick for downloading the original data from the radio.
I have tried several and getting errors communicating with radio.
The UV-82HP is not in the list.
If someone would have a file to share with the codes in that I could load in Chirp, that would help also.

Thank you.
Allen

Attachments

BirdmanID

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2019
Idaho falls
Agreed - VERY easy to program with CHIRP. Here is a video to show you how to do it :)

Cheers!

Get CHIRP here
https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Home

Programming Baofeng Radios
Is there anywhere else to get Chirp? I can't get it to install, fails on my work computer running windows 10 and my girlfriends mac. Same failure during the installation of the software. Anyone else have that problem?

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
I only used this one, but using windows 8.1

Maybe do a youtube search or a google search to see if there is an updated CHIRP program that is for windows 10, or a different install procedure for the newer version of windows.

Premium Features