• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Baker 5/3/13

C

coug66

Oct 31, 2010
NW near Greenwater
The sun was out and we were greeted with a couple of miles of Spring ridings finest washboard. It was the best I have ever enjoyed :face-icon-small-win.

But it was worth it, the weather and conditions were awesome. I saw one rider wearing a sleeve less T shirt and another with shorts.

A word of advice, bring a couple of cones and some flavoring the snow is perfect for snowcones. Or a cup and premixed margarita.

The landscape pictures are on Panoramio

89814555.jpg

89814486.jpg

89813750.jpg

89813735.jpg

picture below in higher resolution

89813150.jpg

This hole claims another victim.

89813112.jpg

DSCN2542.JPG

A newer rider discovers a hidden hole. Sledders come to the rescue.
DSCN2507.JPG

DSCN2508.jpg

DSCN2511.jpg

May is a bad month for the M1000. Last year I broke a crank at Baker and this year I lost my Diamond lite drive. To be fair I think it lost fluid? and that caused the bearings to go.

If anyone has an extra broken Polaris pro drive belt I might try gluing a piece of the belt to this?

DSCN2558.jpg

It was a little cold on the tow home :face-icon-small-sho. Polaris needs to work on their snowflap design. Notice the snow in the bibs!

DSCN2559.JPG

Last edited:
C

coug66

Oct 31, 2010
NW near Greenwater
Did that guy actually fall down in the waterfall, or did he just wreck coming off it?

I checked on him he was OK but his sled was stuck, he had to rite it and undig it.

Where was that other hole (Red RMK)?

on the way up just below Peanut on the left hand side. There is always a couple holes in there (over the river) and he shouldn't have been in there. His sled ghosted into the hole after he rolled it up above.

Premium Features