• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bad experience with rexburg motorsports

D

dylanrowe

Jan 28, 2011
Spearfish
This process started in april of 2012, when i snowchecked a 2013 Polaris Pro RMK White LE with the blue accessory side panels, the mid-white windshield, and the 4 year polaristar warranty. All was well and the dealer told me they would call me when my sled was in. Half way through october i started seeing everyone receiving their snowchecked sleds and began to wonder where mine was. I then called Rexburg Motorsports to see if my LE had came in yet. When i spoke to Rexburg they had confirmed that yes my sled was there, and i set up a time to go pick it up (since i live 12 hours away). A few days later i recieved a call telling me that the dealer had "not ordered enough white LE's to fit their order" and i was the one that missed out on my new snow check. As anyone would be i was furious and demanded answers, they then told me the sleds do not come VIN assigned. I believed their lies and began working with them to remedy the situation. Amongst that time i had recieved my polaristar warranty info that had the VIN to my sled on it and already assigned. When i informed Rexburg of this they then said "we must have sold your sled". I was then once again angry to know that my sled with my warranty was sitting in another persons garage. I then figured out the reason rexburg sold my sled was because they were unable to get ahold of me because i would not answer their emails or phone calls, come to find out they had wrote down the wrong phone number and had spelled my name wrong in the email address. (they still had my mailing address since i did recieve my warranty info) I demanded that something be done and they responded with replacing my Blue LE with a standard black model. I responded no way! and they then were going to "piece" together a blue LE for me. I said this would not be good enough and after about a week of phone calls and me talking to my attorney about the matter they had mysteriously "found" my matching VIN sled. It appeared the person they sold it to hadn't picked it up yet and that i would receive the sled i actually ordered.I was stoked and told them i would be there in a few days to pick it up. Today I drove 12 hours to get my new LE, and when i showed up to rexburg i was less than satisfied when they showed me the sled with blue panels, the wrong graphics, the wrong windshield, and a VIN that didnt match my warranty registration I once again said this will not do! they ended up throwing the graphics i had ordered on the table and told me i could install them myself, or wait until noon the next day to pick the panels up with the correct graphics installed. Again i said this is not what i paid for and that they needed to install the graphics, as they had told me "my" sled was ready to pick up. All was good and they began work on the graphics, in the meantime i asked where the stock white LE panels that were supposed to come on the sled were and they brought me out some scratched up and stained white LE panels. I asked for the box my blue panels came in to put my "****ty new white panels" into and i was supplied with two ripped pieces of foam. 2 hours later i received my blue panels to see that the graphics they had put on were full of creases and bubbles, and on one of the PRO stickers the O was completely melted and disfigured. Their response was they would send me a new "PRO" sticker that i could replace myself or i could leave my panel with them to fix. Not wanting anything of mine in their hands anymore i opted to take my panel home and cut my losses. Just posting this to warn fellow sledders and to tell you BUY LOCAL! Its not worth the small savings as i spent weeks on the phone and hundreds in fuel for an unsatisfactory experience where i didnt even receive what i had ordered 7 months prior.

K
Oct 11, 2012
Jackson Hole, WY
Sorry to hear about your bad experienceDylan.. I know some guys are going to call foul on this post but I believe that situations like this should be heard and showed for that matter.. Customer service is key, yet most places overlook it as just another person or just another paycheck..

There has always been mixed stories shared about Rexburg as I have had my own experiences with them as well, but with their big fancy building I highly doubt they would take to much consideration into any of this.. I know personally I will never take any of my machine's to them or even consider buying anything from them.. Nonetheless sorry to hear about your bad experience, snow will be here soon enough and you will be able to enjoy your new pro then you can forget about the BS you went through to get it!

If ever near Jackson stop by our local Polaris shop- Action Snowmobile & Polaris and we will take care of ya!

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I agree that buying local would have helped you in this situation... 12 hr drive is lengthy and costly. Many bargain shoppers should consider this in the end cost of the sled they are buying

In the end, does your sled match the VIN # on your 4 year warranty papers?

Can you post up any photos of your panels?

There are always two sides to every story... and I also DO believe that the forums are a good place for consumers to be heard as long as the discussion is RATIONAL AND FACTUAL (which yours appears to be)

Did you speak with Jared Burt, the owner of Rexburg?

If so, what were his thoughts?

I have only heard of good things with Rexburg Motorsports... It is a shame that your experience did not match this reputation.

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Ive only had 2 experiences with rexburg. 1 very good, and the other bad. So there is always a chance of things to go wrong. Its how they handle those situations that make a good dealer. Sounds like they didnt do so well on your situation.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I suppose I am the other side of the coin.
I have been doing business with RMS for the last several years and have had FABULOUS service from them.

Have bought 3 new sleds, 2 RZRs and a Quad.

I have had loads of service work done to my toys over the years and have been very satisfied with their head tech Ryan Grover. That guy has done an outstanding job every time I have taken something in to him.

I am REALLY sorry to hear you had such a horrible experience.

My suggestion is for you to sit down, write out a detailed letter explaining exactly what happened, (in as Dispassionate a manner as possible) and fire it off to the owner, just as Mountainhorse suggested.

O

Oregonsledder

Jan 27, 2009
Bend Oregon
The true measure of good customer service is when things don't go as planned. I'm sure dealers get many things screwed up by the manufactures and it's how those issues are handled with the customer that makes the difference.
It's easy for a dealer to look good when there is no strain on their end, but in the real world things go wrong. In those instances, you find out how much the dealer cares about your business.

I spent 15 years running an international software support organization and when things went wrong from a customer perspective, it hit my desk. That’s when a support organization (or dealer in this case) earns their money, and let’s the customer know how important they are.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
I would check if the sled they gave you has the 4 year warranty, you might now only have the regular 1 year.

O
Oct 26, 2012
Orygun
www.bci.us
I live in Southern Oregon, when price checking they never even gave me a call back with pricing, pathetic dealer. I have been reading a LOT of negative reviews about them, no one shop there! Our local dealer matched any price I found. Plus keeps it local!

apex jeff

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
columbia falls mt
Sorry about the bad situation. Buying local is important, I always try my best to support my local dealers. I would not want to lose a nearby dealer due to lack of sales.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I too had an experience that wasn't awesome with Rexburg. It wasn't as bad as yours and not worth explaining. It worked out in the long run. What I can tell you is that VIN numbers are assigned. I told my dealer they could give my sled to someone else because I was in no hurry. They couldn't do it because of the VIN.

We need a People's Snowmobile Court for issues between riders and dealers/vendors. "The honorable Judge Eric Mountainhorse is presiding over today's stories"!

K
Nov 27, 2007
RMS

Not impressed with RMS sales staff do not have answers they have to ask sales managers and get back to you,why not just talk to sales managers but that does not seem to be the policy at RMS?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Buying local IS important.
My dad and I have bought from a distance on parts and a 2 different ATVs (and made two 12 hour drives for the ATVs 12 months apart). It's a GREAT dealer in Oregon who still beat the local prices by over 1500, including my cost to drive over and get it. Service from her is OVER THE TOP.

I REALLY considered buying my 2013 Pro there too, but the cost was the same for this purchase, so I couldn't justify the drive on this one. I STILL SUPPORT her biz now and in the future.

It IS good to support your local whenever you can.

I too had an experience that wasn't awesome with Rexburg. It wasn't as bad as yours and not worth explaining. It worked out in the long run. What I can tell you is that VIN numbers are assigned. I told my dealer they could give my sled to someone else because I was in no hurry. They couldn't do it because of the VIN.

Are they assigned by the factory before they ship, or by the dealer as they arrive?

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
"Note to self; GET THINGS IN WRITING!!!!"

Not trying to be a smart ***, but today getting your deal confirmed in an e-mail might save you trouble down the line.

If a dealer gives you a deal, spell it back in an e-mail and ask for a simple confirmation. At the time it will be pure formalia, but down the line it is leverage for you and documentation of the intended deal.

Your dealer/vendor would have this in the back of his mind to and will be less likely to short change you.

RS

O

Oregonsledder

Jan 27, 2009
Bend Oregon
Buying local IS important.
My dad and I have bought from a distance on parts and a 2 different ATVs (and made two 12 hour drives for the ATVs 12 months apart). It's a GREAT dealer in Oregon who still beat the local prices by over 1500, including my cost to drive over and get it. Service from her is OVER THE TOP.

I REALLY considered buying my 2013 Pro there too, but the cost was the same for this purchase, so I couldn't justify the drive on this one. I STILL SUPPORT her biz now and in the future.

It IS good to support your local whenever you can.

Are they assigned by the factory before they ship, or by the dealer as they arrive?

It's smart to buy locally for many reasons. Dealers make the most money off of long term service, warranty work, parts and accessories. If you buy a sled from them and live a good distance away, they don’t think of you as a regular “walk-in” dude and that’s where the money is. They will sell you the sled but will usually treat their local customers better. A professional dealer will treat everyone right, but buy local and develop a relationship. It usually pays off in the long run.

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Yep...buying those two ATVs is the first time NOT buying locally for me.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
IWe need a People's Snowmobile Court for issues between riders and dealers/vendors. "The honorable Judge Eric Mountainhorse is presiding over today's stories"!

With Judge Horse presiding, we better get the Gallows built fast.

Cause we know what kind of a Judge he will be.....:face-icon-small-hap

picture.php

hangemhigh.jpg

Last edited:

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I feel for you man. They for sure sold your sled and didn't do a good job of fixing the problem. The guys selling cheap don't have any profit in a deal that would help cover their mistakes. I am definitely a buy local guy. Getting that relationship with your dealer is SO important over time. I KNOW I get preferential treatment when needed from my local dealer, I90 Motorsports. I changed my mind twice on my snowchecks and they are just taking care of it. Unfortunately they don't sell Polaris and I wanted a 13 Pro. So I went in to two local dealers here in Seattle to try and buy my 13. The one I bought my 12 from has great prices but wanted $5500 on top of my trade in on my near perfect 12 with 500 miles and about $3000 worth of extras on it. Now I will bend over backwards to do local business but that just seemed like being bent over frontwards. The other dealer just seems to not want to sell me anything. I ended up doing a deal with Michelle at Oregon Trail Sports. My net out of pocket on that deal was $2700. I rarely buy on price but nearly $3000 is too much in this case. The biggest surprise is that Michelle has just been awesome on the service side.

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
When I snow checked my 11 Pro I did not give an email address so I did not hear anything until I went to my dealer and asked. Last year when I snow checked my 12 Pro I gave them an email address and received an email from Polaris confirming my order and then Polaris sent me an email stating the sleds would be shipping soon and I think that had a vin for my sled on it. Polaris issues the vin to the buyer not your dealer when you snowcheck. You will probably get screwed on your warranty unles the one you received was actually a snowcheck and was ordered with the same warranty.

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
I suppose I am the other side of the coin.
I have been doing business with RMS for the last several years and have had FABULOUS service from them.

Have bought 3 new sleds, 2 RZRs and a Quad.

I have had loads of service work done to my toys over the years and have been very satisfied with their head tech Ryan Grover. That guy has done an outstanding job every time I have taken something in to him.

I am REALLY sorry to hear you had such a horrible experience.

My suggestion is for you to sit down, write out a detailed letter explaining exactly what happened, (in as Dispassionate a manner as possible) and fire it off to the owner, just as Mountainhorse suggested.

So you have dropped what, 60G, at their dealership, and you are the head dude here at Snowest.com, do you really think they would treat you crappy? Just saying....

Premium Features