• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Back set ski.

mrsnow

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2008
So i bought a traverse ski and spindle and when mounted the ski bolt was not back set ( or trailing ) the fork spindle ( or bolt ) . So I was wandering if anyone else has a magical distance in which the ski should trail. My back country ski I had to drill different Mount holes to set back the ski about 1.5 to 2.0 in ,so just trying to get some input before drilling new holes

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
1.5 to 2 seems to work. Not sure which skis you refer to, but the old TS ski 2" is good with an enduro fork rake.......30 degrees I would guess. the ARO ski setup came out of the box for my Riot at .700 of setback, but on a KTM 500 with ARO ski shows 32 dgrees fork rake. Nice handling, haven't been inclined to move that back more to see what happens, and that's likely a mistake.

mrsnow

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2008
Thanks for the input. I forgot to mention the bike which is an 05 Ktm exc-g, and the last I checked the rake was at 26 degrees but the info was what I needed

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
Keep in mind the fork rake is not what is in the factory bible, but what your forks are when your kit is sitting on a level concrete garage floor. If your kit sits low in the rear your forks are raked way out, when your suspension collapses with soft suspension then fork rake goes to heck and you need more setback on your spindle center.

Premium Features