• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bachelor Report

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
My sister rode from Dutchman to elk lake for dinner last night. She said there was good coverage with the occasional rock/stump shark on the trails. They found some nice deep places in the trees as well.

I hope to get out tomorrow for a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Rode from Crescent Lake to Kelsey Mt. via Summit Lake and back via Windigo pass yesterday.

Roughly 24" of fluff with no base so we stayed on the road. Groomed to the viewpoint just past Tipanogas shelter, then from Windigo pass back to CL. Otherwise decent riding minus the old Jeep tracks and apparently a logging skidder had come out of the woods.

Buz

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Vancouver, Wa
MT Bachelor BS

Does anyone know what is going on with grooming on mt bachelor? I`ve only seen the trials this bad on new years . Anybody have sugestion where to go? Usually I don`t complain but this is ridiculous when your with the family.

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
Does anyone know what is going on with grooming on mt bachelor? I`ve only seen the trials this bad on new years . Anybody have sugestion where to go? Usually I don`t complain but this is ridiculous when your with the family.

For real?

There isn't enough snow to groom yet being the majority of the trails are NOT roads in the summer. Plus if you're looking for groomed trails the Bend area is not the place. Even once they do groom they do not groom the high traffic trails nearly enough to keep up with the volume of riders. They are consistently the worse trails I've seen in a 5 state radius.

Buz

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Vancouver, Wa
Uh yes for real - yes there is low snow but there is enough and sounds like a excuse. Other areas are grooming with the same amount. But hey thanks for the information NOT. Thank you to the other decent people who responded, restores my faith most people care.

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
The trails really do get whooped up here around Bachelor. The last few times I've been out I rode along the road from Kapka to Dutchman. So much nicer and fun to stay alongside a car staring at them...

Premium Features