• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bachelor Report 4/24/18

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
My mom wanted to try snowmobiling so we headed up to Dutchman around 10:00 this morning. Dutchman has snow but I'd be surprised if it lasted more than a day or two. We rode up to Todd Lake rd turned there so I could get her up on little moon. They had a bulldozer clearing the road from Todd Lake toward Elk Lake. Trail was whooped, as expected, but good coverage up top. When we came back down the dozer had passed Todd toward Dutchman. I'm pretty sure the dozer was stuck in the ditch right at the Todd entrance. Sucks to be that guy!! At any rate, beautiful weather and happy to get her up there while able!

Last ride here for the season I'm guessing so I decided to clear out the pack and rest a bit.

Attachments

• bca.jpg
    bca.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 34
M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
Low snow pack at lower elevations accelerated plowing the hwy this year and elk lake likes it open for memorial weekend.

Riding should be good till late May early June like normal.. South side of the hwy still is in great shape also, I guess I am the only one who rides it this time of the year which is fine with me.

Hit bailey and St helens last week, both had awesome spring conditions, love this time of the year for riding.

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
You can still ride from dutchman, and you can once the highway is open, the only thing that can stop you from riding out of dutchman is dirt and a law enforcement officer present.

Premium Features