• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

B&M Fab Running Board Install - 2017 M8000 (Potential rubbing caused my narrowing plastics??)

M
Jan 6, 2020
Hey All,

I'm preparing to install B&M Fab Skinny Boards on my 2017 M8000 LTD and I'm wondering if anyone here with B&M fab boards on their Proclimb has experienced any rubbing on their plastics? The boards allow you to narrow the plastics in 1" on either side, however I already noticed some rubbing on one of my panels from my belt guard with my stock setup. Wondering if any once has experienced any issues with this and any suggestions on how they avoided it?

Thanks,

M-atethousand

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
My primary will rub. I’ve taken off the foam there. I do have a 911 cover on the primary though, and it might stick out a bit more.
I went even further than an inch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
rubbing on the guard or the clutch? I wouldn't worry about being tight on the guard. If you haven't moved the rivet on the side by the primary back yet, need to do that.

M
Jan 6, 2020
^ x2 ... there is a rivet that rubs on the primary from factory.

Also, my belt guard has already cut into my plastics with the stock setup so I was wondering what to expect when the plastics become even narrower. I split some rubber house and put it along the edge of the belt guard to keep it from wearing right through the plastic.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I pushed the belly pan in, but left the batwing/tank cover and side panel out closer to where they are stock. Used a pin/spacer from the hardware store between the batwing and lower belly pan in place of the stock dzus fastener, a pin and r-clip like at the front of the panel by the clutch, and a piece of oval shaped weather strip to seal off the gap. Was the best looking/fitting solution I could find and it lets the upper side panel stay out further.

M
Jan 6, 2020
Install was a success. Very impressed with the quality of these boards and how they mount up to the machine. Only concern I have about rubbing right now will be the right belly pan against the oil pot, as it is currently pressed up right against it. May require some trimming of the plastic in the future but we will see. Noticed that the belly pan has already worn in to the oil pot even with the stock setup.
36BBABDB-EBE5-4591-B805-108E6759DCC5.jpeg

Premium Features