• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys with kmod skinny and Alpha track

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
What were handling characteristics like compared to a Axys?

It felt very good, I always felt awkward on a axys, I ride a doo, but I felt the sled was more controlled and the balance point was easier to find and stay on. I really liked it.
I didn’t put it through it paces like it was my sled, that was a expensive mod sled I was on. Lol

C
Sep 16, 2018
R

Reddragon800

Feb 26, 2013
It really was how much better that Alpha track is compared to a polaris track. it just hooks up. instantly up on the snow and was almost impossible to get stuck. The sled was super playful, it would flip over so easy, was awesome for re-entries. In easy open terrain it was so fun carving and just riding. However, if you started to push it on steep angles, it would wash out more than a twin rail axys. If you don't ride crazy steep you'll love it, if your a better rider and likes 40-45 degree slopes, then stick with the twin rail. I have also found the Camso 9433M or 9432M track cut to 15" to be far better then the polaris track. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,

pepperhouse

Premium Member
Jan 28, 2010
It really was how much better that Alpha track is compared to a polaris track. it just hooks up. instantly up on the snow and was almost impossible to get stuck. The sled was super playful, it would flip over so easy, was awesome for re-entries. In easy open terrain it was so fun carving and just riding. However, if you started to push it on steep angles, it would wash out more than a twin rail axys. If you don't ride crazy steep you'll love it, if your a better rider and likes 40-45 degree slopes, then stick with the twin rail. I have also found the Camso 9433M or 9432M track cut to 15" to be far better then the polaris track. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,

Where did you get these tracks from in Canada?

R

Reddragon800

Feb 26, 2013
I ordered them from Central sled in wetaskiwin. Ask for Jerry. I then get the tracks cut down to 15" wide to fit the polaris.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

Cheers,
Thanks for the feedback.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
I had an alpha for 2020 and came back to an axys (khaos) in 2021. Only thing i missed about the alpha was the track, it was really amazing and made the sled a blast to ride for reentries, but it would wash out unpredictably all the time, usually at the worst time. When i went back to the khaos, the 2.6 was far worse when the snow got deeper, and less fun. I put a camso X3 156 on my khaos and its alot closer to the traction of the alpha without the washing out. Im happy with this combo

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Premium Features