• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys Warranty Humor

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
Short version of long long story. Warranteed 2018 Axys 800 lost 500 RPM's 5 weeks ago, took to Dealer 220 miles one way, told them I was pretty sure the problem was exhaust valve related, fell on deaf ears, replaced coil, ($50 + Fuel) picked up sled, wouldn't pull R"s, back to dealer, replaced stator ( some bare wires), (another $50 ??????????? WTF + Fuel) picked up sled, still wouldn't run. Halfassed mechanic "myself" started troubleshooting and finally found that the bolt that holds the PTO side exhaust valve to the tiebar had backed out and dropped the valve. $450 and 1,760 miles later with limited help from the dealer my sled is up and ready to rock and roll once again (maybe, might need a valve relearn). I told my wife this appears to be the new normal where nobody knows seems to know sh t about their product, she says I have a crappy yet positive attitude knowing it will run again someday. I always prefer to run a sled with Warranty but time and time again I can't help but wonder WHY!!!!!!!! To those in the know is there any training given to dealer techs or do most just simply hire Billy Bob, throw a crescent wrench at his feet and call it good. Thank God I have a great sense of humor or I might be really ANNOYED by now.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Same thing happened to my brothers 18’.

worth a check for anyone having issues.

at7# of boost the sled still ripped but sounded wierd.

nibrandon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2015
Roberts, MT
With my experience with dealer's general level of understanding (very similar to your experience), I have always wondered why people are so set on having a warranty. Except for catastrophic failures it seems almost always cheaper and faster to fix things myself, especially when you consider drive time and waiting for shop openings. And even with major failures, it sounds like alot of folks are told they have to wait weeks for parts I could get elsewhere much faster. I have never owned a sled with a warranty, but for all the work I have paid for I no longer take it to them due to their inept solutions. It doesn't make me want to snowcheck a new one; I would rather let someone else take the hit and buy one lightly used.

D
Nov 3, 2019
www.banditsolutions.ca
Mine, put my clutch on so tight that with over 280FtLbs it bent puller and wuldnt budge. AFTER heat and water trick a few times she poped. Torquing to 80FtLbs on MY install, and almost triple the Miles since the dealer intalled and I REMOVED. 110FtLbs and shr popped. Most dealers know **** now a days, I was also told if clutch dont pop, smash the puller with a hammer!!!! This was BY a dealer mech!!!!!!!! exact way to **** you crank bearings. like instantly

D
Nov 3, 2019
www.banditsolutions.ca
Honestly wasn't impressed. I install my clutch torqued to 80FtLbs. Was on for 400Km when I went to Dealer and was to;d, I needed to atlest have them do a Basic Service. for warranty records. I paid for this service, which wasn't needed. 70Km ride later I go to pull my clutch to do some changes. And I bent the SPI puller trying to take off!!! Never ever have I has one THAT TIGHT!. I had to use water trick, after heat and all my bg of tricks. Now, fast fwd, 1000 MORE KM. 600Mi for you southern boys, and I go to take off again. More testing. And lo and behold, it pops off with proper amount of effort Prob about 120-130FtLbs on breaker bar if I was to estimate. I was well over 250FtLbs im sure when I got back from the Dealer

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Honestly wasn't impressed. I install my clutch torqued to 80FtLbs. Was on for 400Km when I went to Dealer and was to;d, I needed to atlest have them do a Basic Service. for warranty records. I paid for this service, which wasn't needed. 70Km ride later I go to pull my clutch to do some changes. And I bent the SPI puller trying to take off!!! Never ever have I has one THAT TIGHT!. I had to use water trick, after heat and all my bg of tricks. Now, fast fwd, 1000 MORE KM. 600Mi for you southern boys, and I go to take off again. More testing. And lo and behold, it pops off with proper amount of effort Prob about 120-130FtLbs on breaker bar if I was to estimate. I was well over 250FtLbs im sure when I got back from the Dealer

My guess is the opposite problem was the cause. They probably torqued it once and never retorqued after the motor was run and clutch engaged a few times. The clutch probably spun on the crank slightly and galled the crank snub and locked itself on there. When you reinstalled the clutch did you scotch brite the crank snub and inside the clutch bore? Wipe it down with brake cleaner or rubbing alcohol before reinstall?

The primary clutch bolts won't take big torque, if they reefed it that hard it would have snapped.

Premium Features